E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Let's talk SEC football

07-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
JawjaDawg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Crimson Red E92

Let's talk SEC football

Since the college football season is somewhat near us, let's get a debate on the best conference in college football. So I'll start by saying UGA will win the SEC East this year. and LSU/Bama in the west.

Dawg fan for life, I HATE Blue/Orange.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
nichojo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I BLEED Orange and Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
iwanna335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 SGM, ZSP, 6m, Nav

Good luck to us all, especially OSU!
Go Dawgs
      07-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
str8nm
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2011 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawjaDawg View Post
Since the college football season is somewhat near us, let's get a debate on the best conference in college football. So I'll start by saying UGA will win the SEC East this year. and LSU/Bama in the west.

Dawg fan for life, I HATE Blue/Orange.
Geaux Tigers! Our first test is Oregon in Cowboy stadium on Sept 3. QB is our biggest question mark. I pull for all SEC TEAMS unless they are playing LSU. Only exception would be BAMA
      07-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
DLE
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328XI

Anyone visiting Ole Miss for any of the games?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

ROLL TIDE! I agree that the SEC is hands-down the best conference... has been for quite a while now. Maybe Nebraska will help out in the Big 10 a bit, although "losing" Ohio State will offset that I guess.

I have to agree the west is torn between AL and LSU, I am sure their coach can find a way to screw up though. Both teams are waiting to see how the quarterback situation pans out. I know Alabama has a couple of super-stars from high school but who knows how it will pan-out in college. McCarron did pretty well in most of the games he has played in, he was 30-48 overall and completed almost 400 yards in passes. He is also in his 3rd season total, 1 as a redshirt and last year as a redshirt freshman. He also was a place holder for the kicker so he has actually played in every game. He is a real leader and I think he will start, at least at first. Sims might be the real super talent though, the future.

The 1-hit-wonder (yes, they should have surfaced with that team back in the 80's) from southeast Alabama will be lucky to make a bowl game this year; they lost sCam Newton, Farley, their best reciever (all juniors) plus 24 seniors... which includes the offensive line. Georgia might be a contender for the East finally, but I think South Carolina is going to win again with about 2-3 losses. Mississippi State might be better than expected, and the rest of the conference will just be "average" meaning they will not do too well yet could probably win 10 games in any other conference.

Good luck to everyone except little brother down in the cow pasture! Hope it is a great season.

Zeph
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
RON1X
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S Guards Red

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
I HATE Blue/Orange
If thats how you want to start a thread... I HATE Red/Black
Auburn has some good players set up for this season but the SEC West is going to be brutal with AL and LSU. Definitely will be going to as many games as possible! WDE
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
str8nm
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2011 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanna335 View Post
Good luck to us all, especially OSU!
Go Dawgs
OSU??? Oregon State, Ohio State, Oklahoma State not in the SEC
      07-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
iwanna335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 SGM, ZSP, 6m, Nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nm View Post
OSU??? Oregon State, Ohio State, Oklahoma State not in the SEC
Buckeyes
      07-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #10
JawjaDawg
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON1X View Post
If thats how you want to start a thread... I HATE Red/Black
Auburn has some good players set up for this season but the SEC West is going to be brutal with AL and LSU. Definitely will be going to as many games as possible! WDE
I was talking about Florida, but again, I don't care much for Auburn either . Glad you guys got your dream season last year, because now it's back to Auburn being a mediocre SEC team.

Georgia's O-line is missing some pieces but our offense this year should be nasty with the new running back/tight end/other young receivers.

As for the buckeyes, cmon now..this year they will definitely not be a "powerhouse" team like they have been due to all the controversy, loss of Pryor, and Tressell.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
ROLL TIDE! I agree that the SEC is hands-down the best conference... has been for quite a while now. Maybe Nebraska will help out in the Big 10 a bit, although "losing" Ohio State will offset that I guess.

I have to agree the west is torn between AL and LSU, I am sure their coach can find a way to screw up though. Both teams are waiting to see how the quarterback situation pans out. I know Alabama has a couple of super-stars from high school but who knows how it will pan-out in college. McCarron did pretty well in most of the games he has played in, he was 30-48 overall and completed almost 400 yards in passes. He is also in his 3rd season total, 1 as a redshirt and last year as a redshirt freshman. He also was a place holder for the kicker so he has actually played in every game. He is a real leader and I think he will start, at least at first. Sims might be the real super talent though, the future.

The 1-hit-wonder (yes, they should have surfaced with that team back in the 80's) from southeast Alabama will be lucky to make a bowl game this year; they lost sCam Newton, Farley, their best reciever (all juniors) plus 24 seniors... which includes the offensive line. Georgia might be a contender for the East finally, but I think South Carolina is going to win again with about 2-3 losses. Mississippi State might be better than expected, and the rest of the conference will just be "average" meaning they will not do too well yet could probably win 10 games in any other conference.

Good luck to everyone except little brother down in the cow pasture! Hope it is a great season.

Zeph
LOL.

not gonna lie Bama is gonna be pretty stout this year, but if they fail to get a QB going and get some rhythym, the offense is gonna become one demensional really quick... don't forget yall lost a huge receiver as well, and that makes it harder for a QB with basically no experience... and yes, AJ McCarron has no experience as portrayed by his play in the last few minutes of the Iron Bowl last year... a game that really mattered... not a game that was won in the first half and allowed for all the 2nd string to hop in... better hope Richardson stays healthy xP

but yeah, Auburn's going to be really young this year... Dyer is gonna have to step up for our offense. still gonna be screaming WDE on saturday's in Jordan Hare regardless of how we do this year ;] best believe that!

oh and p.s. we're still National Champions until January... chyeahhhhh WDE!!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
I was talking about Florida, but again, I don't care much for Auburn either . Glad you guys got your dream season last year, because now it's back to Auburn being a mediocre SEC team.

Georgia's O-line is missing some pieces but our offense this year should be nasty with the new running back/tight end/other young receivers.

As for the buckeyes, cmon now..this year they will definitely not be a "powerhouse" team like they have been due to all the controversy, loss of Pryor, and Tressell.
haha we may be mediocre for now, but who isn't after losing so many starters?

I will say though, we just picked up an amazing draft class as well, and we already have a nice list of commits for next year... Interested to see which team does better in the next few years when all these players gain experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
LOL.

not gonna lie Bama is gonna be pretty stout this year, but if they fail to get a QB going and get some rhythym, the offense is gonna become one demensional really quick... don't forget yall lost a huge receiver as well, and that makes it harder for a QB with basically no experience... and yes, AJ McCarron has no experience as portrayed by his play in the last few minutes of the Iron Bowl last year... a game that really mattered... not a game that was won in the first half and allowed for all the 2nd string to hop in... better hope Richardson stays healthy xP

but yeah, Auburn's going to be really young this year... Dyer is gonna have to step up for our offense. still gonna be screaming WDE on saturday's in Jordan Hare regardless of how we do this year ;] best believe that!

oh and p.s. we're still National Champions until January... chyeahhhhh WDE!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #14
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
GO BIG RED! (Nebraska)

... but I graduated from UGA. I think UGA will do better than previous years but Florida will still be tough. The real test will come in the first game of the season... Hope the Dawgs are ready to play.

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #15
JawjaDawg
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post
GO BIG RED! (Nebraska)

... but I graduated from UGA. I think UGA will do better than previous years but Florida will still be tough. The real test will come in the first game of the season... Hope the Dawgs are ready to play.
I know it won't be a repeat of the last meeting (Us CRUSHING Boise), but I still think Boise is way overrated. Teams in the SEC are way more atheletic, faster, and better overall.
Appreciate 0