BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jag XJ

European Delivery Re-Delivery

Ok, so we've finally found an allocation and are proceeding with the order. We are in Cleveland, OH and the dealer we are purchasing (via European Delivery) from is in Florida.

Rather than having the car shipped to the dealer in Florida (and having it trailered all the way up here) is there a way to have it shipped to a BMW dealership closer to us?

I know I can ask the dealer tomorrow but I'm anxious

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Just talking outloud here and not from factual knowledge but it would seem that "performance center" delivery in Spartanburg will be the best you can do there. Would also be great roadtrip home! Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
Just talking outloud here and not from factual knowledge but it would seem that "performance center" delivery in Spartanburg will be the best you can do there. Would also be great roadtrip home! Good Luck!
I was thinking that... except for the fact we will be scheduling for European Delivery in December meaning by the time the car gets here it will likely be sometime in February. Does not make for a pleasant drive home to Cleveland during that time of year. I refuse for this thing to touch salt and would hate for an accident to occur due to weather
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

Its called a courtesy delivery to a local dealer and costs like $100-150 depending on the dealer. However thats totally up to the dealer if they want to do it. I would rather do the Performance Center delivery as 1mGator mentioned have even more fun and drive home.
      07-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

I don't think you can have the car delivered to a different dealer than the dealer you bought from. Your CA will know for sure.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks guys. I'll talk to my CA tomorrow and bring up the courtesy delivery. If they are not willing to do that, we will probably just rent a truck and trailer from UHaul and do the Performance Center Re-Delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lckyrocket View Post
Thanks guys. I'll talk to my CA tomorrow and bring up the courtesy delivery. If they are not willing to do that, we will probably just rent a truck and trailer from UHaul and do the Performance Center Re-Delivery.
Not in the winter! My son brought my e46 M3 up from North Carolina and took my wreaked Z3 back for repair in Dec. this year. It was the trip from hell in a snow storm. He had a friend's enclosed Transport and Ford F350 truck. That rout from WVA to the Us 90 is not fun in the winter. Couldn't imagine driving a Uhaul.

I have pulled a track trailer in a snow storm with Pzeroes on my M3 before. Not Fun!

Get it delivered or wait till March Unless you throw the summer tires in the back and put some proper 18" wheels & snows on the car. My Z3 came in Jan and sat in the dealer's showroom until the end of Feb. I plan to drive to Greensboro this Christmas but will have proper snows. My M3s have always done well with proper snows.

Holly
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lckyrocket View Post
Ok, so we've finally found an allocation and are proceeding with the order. We are in Cleveland, OH and the dealer we are purchasing (via European Delivery) from is in Florida.

Rather than having the car shipped to the dealer in Florida (and having it trailered all the way up here) is there a way to have it shipped to a BMW dealership closer to us?

I know I can ask the dealer tomorrow but I'm anxious

Thanks!
Sorry, someone else already told you about Courtesy Deliver!

NEVER MIND :[

STOOOOOOPPP!!!!!!! Don't trailer!

There is a Courtesy Delivery option on the ED form whereby the Florida dealer calls your dealer. They negotiate a fee, usually about $500, which you end up paying. Then the Florida dealer checks the little box with your dealer info the car is drop shipped at your local dealer, safe!

I was buying one from Ocala but they wouldn't return my calls or message so got my deposit back. I hope that's the one you got! Anway, if it was Ocala, tell the salesman you want Courtesy delivery.

Let us know what he says!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Sorry, someone else already told you about Courtesy Deliver!

NEVER MIND :[

STOOOOOOPPP!!!!!!! Don't trailer!

There is a Courtesy Delivery option on the ED form whereby the Florida dealer calls your dealer. They negotiate a fee, usually about $500, which you end up paying. Then the Florida dealer checks the little box with your dealer info the car is drop shipped at your local dealer, safe!

I was buying one from Ocala but they wouldn't return my calls or message so got my deposit back. I hope that's the one you got! Anway, if it was Ocala, tell the salesman you want Courtesy delivery.

Let us know what he says!
We got one from Gainesville not Ocala. But yes, thank you very much for that information. I will bring that up to the dealer and get it done that way.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

interesting... there was a dealer in Akron that had an allocation two weeks ago, but they were greedy and wanted US MSRP for ED. That's a shame, because they are local to you
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
interesting... there was a dealer in Akron that had an allocation two weeks ago, but they were greedy and wanted US MSRP for ED. That's a shame, because they are local to you
Yea, Dave Walter. My brother was talking to them but they weren't that good with communication (aka they fell off the face of the earth). Then thepro50 was so gracious enough to inform the forum of this availability, we just had to jump on it!

Edit: On top of wanting US MSRP for ED, they didn't even have a production number or much to guarantee they even had an actual allocation. Worth a shot if anyone is interested though.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Yeah, it stinks BUT on the other hand a lot of places refuse to do ED and if they have a build that suits your time frame sometimes it works out where you give up some dough to get it.

In my case I paid over ED MSRP because they had a JULY production number. I wanted ED and could only do it in the summer. Since there were no 1Ms next summer, I jumped on it. Yes, it hurt a little bit but now that my trip is 21 days away, the sting is wearing off a bit.

There are deals still out there, just have to keep looking. In my case I had run out of time.

It's nice to see that fellow 1addicts are doing ED! We should get together for a beer in Munich and trade war stories. I know I need some therapy after this whole ordeal!
Appreciate 0