BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
DrRay81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS Frozen White

Production Date

So i recently (5/20/2011) put down a deposit on a 1M and after reading all the stories of allocation trouble, i've been worried ever since. at the time of deposit i was told i would get the vehicle around end of september. I was in florida for a year doing a residency and put the deposit down in virginia, as that's where i am now. I've finally moved back to va and visited the dealership today and met with the general manager, i was #2 on the list and #1 is currently in production. the general manager guaranteed that i would get a vehicle and showed me my projected production week as 11/08/31, which he told me meant 2011, august(08), and 31 as the 31st week of 2011 which puts it at first of august, i heard the factory is closed that month so i guess we'll see. but at least he's put me at ease and ensured me that i would get a car. just thought i'd share the news. i was also told no more deposits were being taken at my particular dealership and there were a total of 3 deposits taken.
Appreciate 0