BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
sean67
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

My VO 1M is here!

I got a call from my dealer early this week, and when I answered the phone I thought he was going to tell me that we needed to confirm options and give me a more specific production date. I had put a deposit down and signed all the ordering paperwork in early May. I about dropped the phone when he told me that they had one coming in and had received the paperwork confirming it and it was optioned just the way I wanted and it was mine if I wanted it or could wait on the one I ordered (maybe production in August). You can guess what option I chose. I had to take my wife's 5 series in for service yesterday and he told me that it would probably be in and ready by then. When I got to the dealership (I went early for the appointment) Saad (the Service Advisor - who is great by the way) told me he and Jeff (the salesperson) had talked and it was here. I got to go out and check it out. Here is a picture, and it had rained, so not too clean. I am getting the windows tinted and pick it Monday.

It got better when Jeff came out while I was looking at it and handed me the keys asking me if I wanted to drive it. I asked, "Can I?" and he replied, "It's yours why not?". I will pass on driving impressions later on but the 5 miles I drove it, I liked! Here is a very long and detailed video of the car that was shot at the dealer with my car the day before by someone that really likes cars and did like 6 cars for them in the 100 degree heat we have been having. If you want to know just about everything about a 1M car you can watch the whole thing. When I say detailed I mean detailed. It was like a delivery presentation.

I won't sleep much tonight

By the way I am very happy with Hendrick BMW in Charlotte, NC. They are a class organization and would recommend them to anyone. I asked about my slot and Jeff told me that it went to the next person in line and that they are taking deposits but no guarantees for actually getting one in time now.

Sean
Attached Images

Last edited by sean67; 07-17-2011 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: spelling errors my typing sucks
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Congrats Man ...... great car, have fun ..... all these deliveries are killing me until my 8/11 ED
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mGator View Post
Congrats Man ...... great car, have fun ..... all these deliveries are killing me until my 8/11 ED
How about 8/26...wanna trade?

Beautiful car and congratulations. I have never been so hung up on color and waffle every day...need to stop looking at these posts to help make AW the definitive choice!
      07-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Kamal
Indian Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 540i M, '11 Ducati M796

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [7.56]
2011 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Congrats on the car... that video is kinda seems like the guy just wants to name off every possible "feature" he can possibly think of. Plus, he left your 1M with some nice little elbow sweat @ 2:38.

2008 E82 N54 || Stage 2 -------- Gone to a good home.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
sean67
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Congrats on the car... that video is kinda seems like the guy just wants to name off every possible "feature" he can possibly think of. Plus, he left your 1M with some nice little elbow sweat @ 2:38.
Yeah, saw that too. Glad they will clean it up again tomorrow . Jeff was playing it for me when I was signing all the paperwork and so was catching bits and pieces, but perked up when he was reving the engine. He stayed there about 6 hours in the very hot and humid NC weather.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
rusty racer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB, 2011 R8 v10 spy

Sean,
Heading to hendrick tomorrow to pick up my m3 from service. Hope I get a chance to see your car. The wait list is 7 deep at hendrick for 1m orders now. Wow.

I have my VO on order at Myrtle Beach Dealer and should arrive early sept. Can't wait.

Wonder how many 1Ms there will be in Charlotte total?

Congrats man!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
Gtrain
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: something slowwwww

Congrats on getting your car early.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
sean67
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty racer View Post
Sean,
Heading to hendrick tomorrow to pick up my m3 from service. Hope I get a chance to see your car. The wait list is 7 deep at hendrick for 1m orders now. Wow.

I have my VO on order at Myrtle Beach Dealer and should arrive early sept. Can't wait.

Wonder how many 1Ms there will be in Charlotte total?

Congrats man!!!
Supposed to be ready at 3PM so I won't sleep again tonight. I know I was like the fourth one so at least that many will be in Charlotte. I was there when the first one came in in May and that is when I ordered mine. We need to all get together and kick tires.
Appreciate 0