BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
r11saf
Drive it like you stole it!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VO 1M Coupe

corona rings

Just wondering of anyone has had any problems with the halo rings on their 1M headlights.
My car went in for 1200 mile service yesterday and I noticed that my near side inner corona is not bright like the offside. the difference is very noticeable. Had the bulb replaced today but I'm still finding that the off side inner corona is still brighter than the near side inner corona has anyone had similar experience? if so did you have to get a new headlamp?1
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

This was a common trait in the 135's headlights in that the two rings in the headlight are not lit equally.

Is what you're observing apparent in both headlights? I'm not sure if there was any change in how the light is directed from the bulb to the two rings in the LCI headlights.

U WOT M8?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Maybe there is a different wattage going to it that isn't correct?
      07-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
KIYO
Private First Class
Austria
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupé

I think the OP is saying that the inner ring on the right and left side of the car is not in the same brightness.

The ring in each unit has a different brightness due to the length of the tube which leads the light as shown in the picture below.

I have both side in the same brightness so far.
The headlight unit is not repairable by the dealer, you might have to swap the whole unit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
Whteverjklasdf
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

is it true that the color of the ring can be "whitened" by simply changing the bulb from yellowish to blue...?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
r11saf
Drive it like you stole it!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VO 1M Coupe

[quote=KIYO;10072663]I think the OP is saying that the inner ring on the right and left side of the car is not in the same brightness.

thats exactly it. i know the inners are meant to be a lot brighter my driver side inner is working correct but the passenger side inner is not as bright. had a bulb change by bmw but i still feel there is a noticable difference in brightness. will speak to my service manager and see what he suggests. also i notice that the lightsare bright but dont travel far on the road compared to our f10 5 series. i was in a country lane late at night and without hi beams the range was not very good may try and get some adjustments done but i assumed they would be set correct from the factory.
Appreciate 0