BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

No option cars - Do they have auxiliary input jack?

I ordered my M3 stripped, no options. Leaving soon for ED and wife has an ipod that she is interested in bringing. Anyone know if IM has auxiliary jack if you did NOT order iPod, USB, HK, etc?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
TUNEDM3
Stay Ripping
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I ordered my M3 stripped, no options. Leaving soon for ED and wife has an ipod that she is interested in bringing. Anyone know if IM has auxiliary jack if you did NOT order iPod, USB, HK, etc?

Thank you.
Yes it does.
      07-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNEDM3 View Post
Yes it does.
Thanks! We will bring it along then!

Trying to not carry extra crap so if there was no AUX, then no point carry that to the Fatherland!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 02:22 AM   #4
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

Yeah it has aux, but according to your order info, your 1m might turn out to be an m3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #5
danielbreese
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 1M, 02 M3, 67 Ferrari

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the difference between an aux input and the iPod option?. With the aux input, is this just a way I can hook up my iPhone and play the music through the stereo but still have to control things thru the iPhone itself. This is versus an iPod connection where I can control things thru the stereo itself? I really only want to listen to my music in my iPhone and perhaps play slacker or pandora thru the stereo. I don't mind controlling things thru the iPhone itself (actually that would be preferable!), so do I even need the iPod connection if the car has standard aux input? Finally, how do you hook the iPhone up - thru a male/male cable to the front of the dash/stereo?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbreese View Post
Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the difference between an aux input and the iPod option?. With the aux input, is this just a way I can hook up my iPhone and play the music through the stereo but still have to control things thru the iPhone itself. This is versus an iPod connection where I can control things thru the stereo itself? I really only want to listen to my music in my iPhone and perhaps play slacker or pandora thru the stereo. I don't mind controlling things thru the iPhone itself (actually that would be preferable!), so do I even need the iPod connection if the car has standard aux input? Finally, how do you hook the iPhone up - thru a male/male cable to the front of the dash/stereo?

Thanks!
yup for what you need all you want is aux

and yes male to male

Sound quality does take a hit.... i have aux on the 135 and the sound difference is especially noticeable on Pandora and last FM. With the M i will only be getting the ipod/usb as an option. Also biggest difference is that is will also CHARGE your iphone...so right now i have what feels like 42 cables.... one to charge iphone one to hook to aux and then radar then GPS.. jebus i get frustrated!
      07-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
danielbreese
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 1M, 02 M3, 67 Ferrari

OK, thanks! I think the biggest issue for me is that I WANT to control the music selection and pandora thru the iPhone itself and not the stereo. If I choose the iPod option will I have to use the stereo controls instead. I had iPod in my 2008 M3 and would have preferred to control things thru the phone itself. Charging isn't so important as I can charge at home.

The best scenario would be the charging capability and improved sound quality of an iPod/USB adapter but the controllability thru the iPhone itself and not the stereo controls- is this possible?

Thank you all so much!
Appreciate 0