E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Last minute anxiety

04-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Last minute anxiety

You know what, maybe its because I'm about to receive my procede, but I am really getting antsy for it, and now my fear of installation is growing. It looks simple, it should not be a heavy task at all, but to ease my fear, anyone in Miami who has does the install wanna share some one on one help... 50Bucks?

joy
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Do you have the install video on your computer? Its pretty straight forward, nothing to get nervous about if you can turn a screw driver.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Do you have the install video on your computer? Its pretty straight forward, nothing to get nervous about if you can turn a screw driver.

Yea, I do... I've watched it a few times on the thrown (I love wireless)... Its just i hear of a few people talking about solenoid this, having to buy rubber caps this, blah blah...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113 View Post
Yea, I do... I've watched it a few times on the thrown (I love wireless)... Its just i hear of a few people talking about solenoid this, having to buy rubber caps this, blah blah...
I think you are looking into it too much. Just follow the video along with the written instructions that were posted on here and you should be fine. The only stuff about the solenoids were that people were wanting to cap them off since they were left open, but this is something that is very minor. I would attempt the install if I were you and if you can't do it then look for some help, but I think that you should be able to handle it if you have any type of experience under the hood. BTW, you always have this forum as well as the Vishnu forum if you run into a problem.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

It's REALLY hard to install...
I'll take it off of your hands for $1000.00 and save you the hassle of breaking something
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #6
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Hell....I'll do it for a dollar + a ticket to Miami.
      04-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #7
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep

Ha!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 08:22 AM   #8
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
You know what, maybe its because I'm about to receive my procede, but I am really getting antsy for it, and now my fear of installation is growing. It looks simple, it should not be a heavy task at all, but to ease my fear, anyone in Miami who has does the install wanna share some one on one help... 50Bucks?

joy
I took mine to a BMW speed shop. $38. Now I feel I should have done it myself. Need a lower boost high rpm map. Have to watch them this time. I have AADD like a frig'n loon. If you know how that is with tediuous projects you see why I went the "not me" route.
      04-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #9
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep

I was told (LAST WEEK) my procede was to ship out today. Would it be possible to call and have it expidited? I opted at first for ground shipping, but I want mine like yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #10
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Quote:

joy
Have you done installs before? If so, it's fairly easy if you follow the video but also with any install, have a bit of common sense. Personally, Shiv made it look really easy, so for a first timer, you'll run into a couple of hiccups and "...ahh, now I see how that works..." situations. But the good thing is compared to other installs, no hard-to-get-to bolts that require hulk like strength or double jointed bones to get to. The most time consuming part for me was the ECU and wiring. Just make sure you put it in the right slots and put some good tape on the male-female connections. I've noticed that they don't snap together or anything and could easily slide apart if not taped correctly.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Yep... first timers should give themselves 10 minutes to remove the ecu covers. Another 15-20min to intall the PROcede. After that, they should be able to do the whole thing in 15-20 minutes without rushing. There is only about 5-6 minutes of actual work involved. The rest of the time is usually spent just double checking work. It's easy. We greatly over-estimated the amount of installation support we'd have to provide. The vast majority of people, many of them who have never worked on a car, have done the install without any issue.

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
digi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yep... first timers should give themselves 10 minutes to remove the ecu covers. Another 15-20min to intall the PROcede. After that, they should be able to do the whole thing in 15-20 minutes without rushing. There is only about 5-6 minutes of actual work involved. The rest of the time is usually spent just double checking work. It's easy. We greatly over-estimated the amount of installation support we'd have to provide. The vast majority of people, many of them who have never worked on a car, have done the install without any issue.

-shiv
Hey shiv, a little off topic here but is it safe to somehow keep the serial cord from the procede "outside" of the ecu compartment? Even though its pretty simple now, you still have to go through taking like four covers off just to load/tinker with new or previous maps, etc. Will the heat in the engine bay be harmful to the exposed serial port?
Appreciate 0