E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Grille for e92 oem sports package front.

08-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
dionisk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 M3 xDrive Comp - Dravit

Grille for e92 oem sports package front.

I have the oem sports appearance package and during an extended road trip a rock flew into the drivers side bottom grille. This is the grille that is medial to the drivers side fog light. The plastic grille there now has a one inch diameter hole. Dealer told me its not possible to replace the individual grille, only to replace the entire front. Do you guys know if i can replace the grille (and where from) and if the dealer was full of shit? If not, any ideas as to what i can put there that wont look retarded?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

These grills?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343774

Part numbers are in the post for the black versions.

I actually am taking my stock grayish ones of for these black ones and could sell you one if you need it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
dionisk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Sorry I was at school when I had made the original post. Here's a picture of my car before the hole was made, but I highlighted the grille in question that im talking about, and based on the picture you can see which front bumper style I have. I looked at your link, but the schematic shows the stock front bumper and not the one I have. Is there a difference in the fit for the grilles or can I use the one you linked? Thank you in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

You do have the stock front bumper. That lower section is only the aero lip. It's not the MTECH version. You can tell by the style of fog lights. I will be taking mine off in a week or so if you can wait. Otherwise yes its replaceable.

Edit: here is a link... you'd want the outer one.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Buying new is easier since its only 19 bucks. Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
dionisk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thank you so much, I ordered it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
dionisk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

God damnit. I've never done that before...
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 8V RS3

Look for the front bumper DIY. If you have the right tools and a jack, it's not that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionisk View Post
I have the oem sports appearance package and during an extended road trip a rock flew into the drivers side bottom grille. This is the grille that is medial to the drivers side fog light. The plastic grille there now has a one inch diameter hole. Dealer told me its not possible to replace the individual grille, only to replace the entire front. Do you guys know if i can replace the grille (and where from) and if the dealer was full of shit? If not, any ideas as to what i can put there that wont look retarded?
Your dealer is so full of it. After you replace the grill, go back to the dealer and show him.
Appreciate 0