E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Bad Communication With Gavin@MMW

08-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep
Drives: '13 VW Golf R

Bad Communication With Gavin@MMW

I ordered my Csv2 MMW Exhuast on July 27th 2011, including a full payment up front which cleared that day. After a couple weeks, I got an update on august 10th after I PM'd him asking for info on the progress. His PM on August 10th said "Going good, just waiting on the tips to come back from powdercoat". Since then he has not contacted me or replied to any of my messages. It has been a month since I ordered the system, and the only information regarding its progress I have from him is that message. It has been 2 weeks since that day and he still hasn't answered any of my messages. Has anyone else had similar problems with lack of communication with Gavin@MMW? I would like to hear your input if you have done business with him in the past.

BTW the tips were sent to powdercoat on August 2nd. Is it normal for that process to take 3 weeks?
      08-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
ttam
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet movie theater

Im sure this thread will be moved to the vendor comments section.
As for the reliability of Gavin, I can vouch that he is one to be on top of his game.

I got the MMW v1 of the exhaust and it was a process that took about 2 weeks.

As for the tips, I believe he gets them from over seas and then it takes a day or two to powder coat. I say give him a chance and see if he will reply.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
JL 325i
straight^
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

Yeah hes very busy most likely too and he never gave me any trouble
      08-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep

thanks for the input. Hoping he will get back to me soon..
      08-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
thanks for the input. Hoping he will get back to me soon..
It would help if you told everyone the delivery timeline he gave you in regards to receiving your exhaust?

If it's 2+ weeks without a simple PM reply back, my feelings would be this guy has got my money and no longer needs to maintain a good rapport with me since the hard part of getting my thousands is over.

Already had concerns with giving him 5-8k for a N52 SC if he ever produces one. When hell freezes over he will get my money, but then again it might take that long to make one

How unprofessional

You would think someone so good with excuses would be able to least come up with one.

I'd ask for my money back and get another exhaust.
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90MCF View Post
It would help if you told everyone the delivery timeline he gave you in regards to receiving your exhaust?

If it's 2+ weeks without a simple PM reply back, my feelings would be this guy has got my money and no longer needs to maintain a good rapport with me since the hard part of getting my thousands is over.

Already had concerns with giving him 5-8k for a N52 SC if he ever produces one. When hell freezes over he will get my money, but then again it might take that long to make one

How unprofessional

You would think someone so good with excuses would be able to least come up with one.

I'd ask for my money back and get another exhaust.
He said it would take a couple weeks. I will probably end up doing that if he does not reply soon. His inbox is full...he hasnt been keeping up with it.