E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 328xi E90 - New Owner Questions

08-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

2011 328xi E90 - New Owner Questions

Hi,
I've read the manual but still couldn't figure out a few things in the "BC" thing off the turn signal. I don't have the idrive so I guess I need to use BCtalk to edit the settings. These are a few things I couldn't figure out:

In the option with the 'key and a v sign':
1) A lock sign with the lights sign (see image 1) - I have the option to turn it off but didn't notice any changes

2) An unlock sign (as in image one as well) - same case as above

3) A "P" sign with three "-" next to it (see image 2) - currently this is set to 150s but what exactly is this doing?

4) A seat sign with an arrow "<-" next to it - No idea what this do (see image 3)

5) When I unlock the car, the angel eyes go on but automatically go off after 20 seconds. Is there a way to keep them on for a longer period of time?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
PTinVT
armchair enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi, 02 325Cic, 93 850Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Hi,
I've read the manual but still couldn't figure out a few things in the "BC" thing off the turn signal. I don't have the idrive so I guess I need to use BCtalk to edit the settings. These are a few things I couldn't figure out:

In the option with the 'key and a v sign':
1) A lock sign with the lights sign (see image 1) - I have the option to turn it off but didn't notice any changes

2) An unlock sign (as in image one as well) - same case as above

3) A "P" sign with three "-" next to it (see image 2) - currently this is set to 150s but what exactly is this doing?

4) A seat sign with an arrow "<-" next to it - No idea what this do (see image 3)

5) When I unlock the car, the angel eyes go on but automatically go off after 20 seconds. Is there a way to keep them on for a longer period of time?
These are "key" settings so they are relative to the key in the car at the time of selection.

1 - flash lights when you lock the car

2 - flash lights when you unlock the car

3 - length of time lights are left on after you flick the high beam stalk, after shutting the car off (pathway lighting or "follow me home" lighting or something like that)

4 - return the seat to the memory position on unlock

5 - don't think this interval is adjustable (except to zero, defeat by turning main light switch to off/non-auto position)

hope this helps
'71 Buick Riviera, 455 V8 land yacht
Appreciate 0