E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Buying OEM accessories at BMW Welt?

08-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Decorum
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2012

Buying OEM accessories at BMW Welt?

Hello all!

This is my very first post in these forums, although I've been reading here almost daily for the past few months planning my new purchase.

I live in Sweden, and have ordered a E92 335i which I plan to pick up at the BMW Welt in Munich in October. Does anyone know whether it is possible to buy OEM accessories there? Alternatively, some other good place to buy them and have them fitted, in or around Munich?

Specifically I'm planning to get:
Center console dock for iPhone 4
Performance Exhaust
Performance Aluminium Pedals
Performance Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors
Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Performance Accent Lines

Thanks!

Last edited by Decorum; 08-28-2011 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Typo.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Decorum
Rep

Updating this thread with what I've found out in case anyone else is interested.

I spoke with BMW Welt today on the phone, and they do not have accessories or spare parts for sale, only lifestyle items.

There is however a dealer on Frankfurter Ring which is close by; I was told this is the largest BMW dealer in Germany and they should have pretty much any accessories in stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
Timothy J
Captain
Rep
Drives: Too much

Why not order them ahead of time to ensure that the parts are indeed in stock
2024 BMW M2 BSM 6MT Carbon Package
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

www.getbmwparts.com

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
Decorum
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy J View Post
Why not order them ahead of time to ensure that the parts are indeed in stock
Yeah, that's what I've done now actually.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #6
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineCo52 View Post
Perhaps you failed to notice that the OP is in Sweden. Even if Tischer shipped to Europe (they don't) the costs would be prohibitive.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 05:59 AM   #7
EngineCo52
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Montego 328xi CPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Perhaps you failed to notice that the OP is in Sweden. Even if Tischer shipped to Europe (they don't) the costs would be prohibitive.
ahhh i wasnt paying attention to where the guy was from lol...yeah that would cost a lot of money

E9x Picture Game-8 Points-Roundabout, Something Remarkable(stack of 50 g's), Cruise Memorabilia, Dirt Road w/ Trees, Michael Jackson, Police Station ,Dress-Up Funny, TPMS
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Quote:
We ship worldwide! ..and USPS International shipping isn't all that bad, and does save our customer's a great deal of money most times!

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
We ship worldwide! ..and USPS International shipping isn't all that bad, and does save our customer's a great deal of money most times!

Evan;

Interesting to note, but between shipping and import duties/taxes, I suspect he'd be better off buying in Germany. The cost of shipping large pieces like exhausts is exhorbitant and adding duties and taxes will make it no cheaper than buying in Sweden, whereas buying in Germany will be cheaper.

Smaller items shipped to a (relatively) low import duty country like Germany may make sense, but the OP is better off getting the items installed by the dealer am Frankfurter Ring.

We've already talked him out of one purchase, maybe he'll reconsider some of the others too.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
Decorum
Rep

Quote:
We've already talked him out of one purchase, maybe he'll reconsider some of the others too.
Well, the accent stripes and the carbon fiber rear spoiler kind of went together, so those are probably not happening. Getting the painted rear spoiler instead.

But I do like the carbon fiber side mirrors and the grill blackout, so those are still on the list! You're saying you think I should reconsider those too?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorum View Post
Well, the accent stripes and the carbon fiber rear spoiler kind of went together, so those are probably not happening. Getting the painted rear spoiler instead.

But I do like the carbon fiber side mirrors and the grill blackout, so those are still on the list! You're saying you think I should reconsider those too?
No, I was just joking.

On a more serious note, only you can decide if you like the way it looks and if the costs are worth the results. I'm not a fan of carbon fiber but I know many here are, so it really is a personal thing, so if you like, do it.

The same really holds true for the stripes. You have to look at it, so if you like, go for that as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
Decorum
Rep

Quote:
No, I was just joking.

On a more serious note, only you can decide if you like the way it looks and if the costs are worth the results. I'm not a fan of carbon fiber but I know many here are, so it really is a personal thing, so if you like, do it.

The same really holds true for the stripes. You have to look at it, so if you like, go for that as well.
Well... I do know what I like. The grill blackout is not open for debate. But the accent stripes I was about 50/50 and then it helps to get the perspectives of others.

As a general observation while we are on the subject: at the risk of contradicting the "politically correct" opinion that when it comes to your car it's all about yourself and what you like and that you shouldn't care what others think, I actually believe that, when it comes to the exterior of our cars, what do care a lot about what others think and for good reason!

Think about it. The exterior of a car is something we as owners/drivers very rarely look at. We mostly experience our cars from inside - hopefully! I think deep down what makes us feel good about the exterior of our car is the impression we feel it conveys to others, and the message we feel it communicates about ourselves.

That's why I believe the opinions of others matter a great deal - they give us an instrument, a metric of how our cars, and by association, we ourselves are perceived. To get really philosophical on a Saturday afternoon.
Appreciate 0