E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > NOW I have heard the rattle issue firsthand...

10-17-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
ericd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e91 S/P/CW/X/6

NOW I have heard the rattle issue firsthand...

I drove an e90 330i Sport last friday and I finally have heard the rattles. The rear window glass was creaking like it was going to pop out - it sounded like it had been put in with a rigid glue that was fracturing over each bump and the window was ready to pop loose. WHile I know that is not the case, it bums me out big time.

In addition the B pillars were creaking and at one point i did hear the area on the dash near the radio creak/crack. The car has 1300 miles on it.

I have a car on order and while many do not hear this issue on their cars, many DO.

uhg!
      10-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Try when the window is making a noise to move it down ever so slightly ( very slightly ). This is a old trick from the E36 days, it makes the window mechanisim grip the window tighter making the noise go away
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
Try when the window is making a noise to move it down ever so slightly ( very slightly ). This is a old trick from the E36 days, it makes the window mechanisim grip the window tighter making the noise go away
I used to do that in my E46 325ti when my music was loud and the sub was causing the window to make a vibrating noise.
Just tapped the window control so it just barely moved and problem solved :P
Hehe...it's not my car anymore, and the vibrating window tip wasn't part of my sales pitch...i hope he figured it out...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #4
dmooreco
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd
I drove an e90 330i Sport last friday and I finally have heard the rattles. The rear window glass was creaking like it was going to pop out - it sounded like it had been put in with a rigid glue that was fracturing over each bump and the window was ready to pop loose. WHile I know that is not the case, it bums me out big time.

In addition the B pillars were creaking and at one point i did hear the area on the dash near the radio creak/crack. The car has 1300 miles on it.

I have a car on order and while many do not hear this issue on their cars, many DO.

uhg!

what dealer did you drive that car at? Was it the red one at Gebhardt?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2005, 02:48 PM   #5
ericd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e91 S/P/CW/X/6

No, it was a black sport 330 at Schomp.

and it was the black glass, not side windows.
      10-31-2005, 06:14 PM   #6
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 325i, 08 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
It worked! I had creaking coming from 2 of my windows and I tried your quick fix. I was thinking about taking it to dealer but then I thought they would have to remove whole door panel etc. and I figured I would end up with even more rattles. Thanks for the help.

06 325i. IT'S HERE!- 08 E92 328xi, Premium, Auto, Cold- Montego Blue
Appreciate 0