E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New 2 BMW. Need simple advice and help 335i at.

09-03-2011, 05:04 AM   #1
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

New 2 BMW. Need simple advice and help 335i at.

Hi everyone.
Looks like an extremely informative forum and need some things cleared up for me and pointed in the right direction for exterior cosmetic changes and engine tuning etc...

These are simple questions for people in the know and probably have been asked before and do not mind one word answers.

I have just bought a 2006 335i Auto.

FIRSTLY
Beemer info.
1. I take it I have a N54 engine. is the N55 the new single turbo engine?

2. As it is a 2006 it's obviously a Pre LCI car? What are the main differences?

Cosmetic info.
3. I want to upgrade the yellow angels. Do not want to use Bulbs... LED obviously better. BUT do not want to spend a fortune, but don't want to skimp out either. What is a decent reliable kit to order within the UK or is it worthwhile getting it from the states?

4. Black Kidney grills... I know they are all over the place, but I'm sure some have better fitment than others? If so, where are the best fitting ones at a decent price?

Tuning info
5. Obviously JB4 is the way to go right? Seems to be the smoothest, reliable tune whilst unleashing crazy power. Where do I find this in the Uk?

6. Is it worth upgrading the exhaust and induction before the tune? Or can JB4 learn? Im under the impression the tune is just plug and play and doesn't have to be individually mapped for each car?

7. Is an intercooler and oil cooler worthwhile installing?

Electronics and interior lighting.
8. IDrive... I can only seem to get the parktronic video on when I select reverse. Is there a way of turning this on when you need it whilst driving without selecting reverse? Even driving with it at all times?

9. Reverse camera and front... I heard there is a way of making this work and having it running all the time along side the split sat nav screen...
How is this done?

10. Interior LED lighting... I obviously hate the yellow interior lights, but are the white LED lights too bright? What are decent kits that replace all the stock yellow lights?

Sorry about these questions. I know they are simple ones but I would like having them all answered in one thread.

Thanks a lot.

Josh
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Timothy J
Captain
Rep
Drives: Too much

1. Yes
2. Headlights, tail lights, hood, trunk, etc.
4. **********s and they fit well
5. jb4 is a way to go. there are many tunes. search the forums for what fits your needs best.
6. right.
7. yes
10. no theyre not too bright.

just search man!
2024 BMW M2 BSM 6MT Carbon Package
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
J02 335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Hi everyone.
Looks like an extremely informative forum and need some things cleared up for me and pointed in the right direction for exterior cosmetic changes and engine tuning etc...

These are simple questions for people in the know and probably have been asked before and do not mind one word answers.

I have just bought a 2006 335i Auto.

FIRSTLY
Beemer info.

Cosmetic info.
3. I want to upgrade the yellow angels. Do not want to use Bulbs... LED obviously better. BUT do not want to spend a fortune, but don't want to skimp out either. What is a decent reliable kit to order within the UK or is it worthwhile getting it from the states?

4. Black Kidney grills... I know they are all over the place, but I'm sure some have better fitment than others? If so, where are the best fitting ones at a decent price?

Tuning info
5. Obviously JB4 is the way to go right? Seems to be the smoothest, reliable tune whilst unleashing crazy power. Where do I find this in the Uk?

6. Is it worth upgrading the exhaust and induction before the tune? Or can JB4 learn? Im under the impression the tune is just plug and play and doesn't have to be individually mapped for each car?

8. IDrive... I can only seem to get the parktronic video on when I select reverse. Is there a way of turning this on when you need it whilst driving without selecting reverse? Even driving with it at all times?

9. Reverse camera and front... I heard there is a way of making this work and having it running all the time along side the split sat nav screen...
How is this done?

10. Interior LED lighting... I obviously hate the yellow interior lights, but are the white LED lights too bright? What are decent kits that replace all the stock yellow lights?

Sorry about these questions. I know they are simple ones but I would like having them all answered in one thread.

Thanks a lot.

Josh
First off its "Bimmer", not "beemer" or "beamer" (thats a motorcycle) yes you have an N54, your car must be a 2007 not 2006 no 335i in 2006. Your car has an intercooler and possibly an oil cooler you'll have to look find if it does.

The rest of your list is basically personal preferences. Good luck and welcome.

Sport pack, JB3, Dci, factory oil cooler, 18" M3 reps, Michelin PSS, painted trim, black grills, smoked side markers, LED plate lights, H&R coils, Borla catback
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

You do have the N54 twin turbo engine. The N55 is the single turbo engine found in the 2011+ 135i,335i,z4, etc models.

Yes you do have the pre lci model car. Aside from the difference in the engine the main difference is going to be the front fascia of the car and the rear tail lights.

Cosmetic info.

If you're looking to upgrade your angel eyes, I would recommend that you check out the LED Angel Eyes by City Vision Lighting. Here are a few pictures installed on my customers cars for you to check out.

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/City%20Vision%20Lighting/City-Vision-LED-Angel-Eye-Upgrade-E90-2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/City%20Vision%20Lighting/City-Vision-LED-Angel-Eye-Upgrade-E90.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/City%20Vision%20Lighting/City-Vision-Angel-Eyes-BMW-E90-1.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, there are many different companies that make/sell the matte black kidney grills and not all of them are equal in terms of quality. Our Matte Black kidney grills are made of 100% new plastic and not no material used is recycled. This is important as using non-recycled materials means that you're going to have a stronger product (esp. the tabs) overall.

[IMG]https://st15.flashecom.com/**********/images/Products/blackoutinstalled2.jpg[/IMG]

Tuning info

The JB4 is definitely a great tune that will increase both horsepower and torque on your car. We do have this available for you as well.

You do not need to purchase additional modifications to enjoy the tune. However, adding bolt on mods such as an intake, exhaust, and downpipes will allow for you to use different maps that are available with the JB4.

Yes, a FMIC will definitely help as it does keep the air cool. This is one of the biggest things you can do to help improve overall performance of the vehicle.

Not too sure on this as this is not an OEM function. You may be able to get something like that coded into the car.

9. Reverse camera and front... I heard there is a way of making this work and having it running all the time along side the split sat nav screen..How is this done?.
Again, see above

We do not carry LED lighting kits and that is not something I'd be able to help you out with.
Appreciate 0