E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New car and new to BMW

09-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

New car and new to BMW

Wrote up a long introduction, but the site logged me out lol.

So anyways coming from a 2004 WRX STi. Bought that thing brand new and had a ton of fun with the car. It helps coming from a turbo charged car, a lot of the same applies with the new car, N54 Twin Turbo. I miss my STi, but this thing puts a smile on my face everytime I hop in it.

The interior and exterior are pretty much done. I love the red coral leather interior and the custom carbon fiber trim. The guy that owned it previously took great care of the car and the motor has not been touched so I get to start from scratch in that area. Immediate plans include a Tune, AE Exhaust, UR Downpipes, upgraded Intercooler, and Meth Injection. I like that it looks like an M3 and has the potential of stomping one. I also like the AWD.

I still have a lot of research to do, but I think this is my new home. I've learned new things about my car just off the first 3 threads. The information and knowledge here is priceless imo. Things to debate are the Tuning software, some say JB4 and some say Cobb, which is what I had on the STi. Suspension looks like KW is the winner there, although I was a fan of Tein I've heard that KW is one of the best. I would love it if LightWerkz could get their hands on my headlights, but according to them they can't get these open. I miss my RX330 retrofit with JVX Custom shields that I had on the STi.

The Old and the New.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Nice ride!! KW is a solid bet for springs, but take a look at the Active Autowerke tune before you make a decision as well. Happy Modding!!
Appreciate 0