E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Fess up... Any bugs on delivered cars?

05-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
robertb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Fess up... Any bugs on delivered cars?

I took delivery of my 330i on Saturday (May 7) and I'm taking it in tomorrow (May 12) for service. The i-drive controller seems to be faulty. I can't even get past the opening "lawyer" screen. Even when it does work, it often thinks I'm pressing the controller when I'm merely turning it. With great difficulty I was able to set the vehicle settings for lighting and door locking, but anything as entry intensive as inputing an address is impossible. The rest of the car is flawless though. I'm particularly pleased that the AC is much quieter at high fan volumes. It was one of my pet peeves with my e46 325i. Overall the whole car seems bumped up a notch on the luxury totem pole: quieter, tighter, bigger, more damped. The steering feels identical to my 325, but there is much less body roll with the standard e90 suspension than my standard e46 suspension. I'm very pleased. The brakes are a little grabby, but they're new. I'm reserving judgement on the 6-speed steptronic. The 5-speed steptronic on my e46 was smoother from a standing start. The movement from 1st to 2nd on this new car is difficult to modulate without a lurch. The 325i had the smoothest automatic I'd ever driven. The new car seems to be getting much smoother as I break it in. I've only got 300 mostly interstate miles on it. My e46 wasn't fully broken in until about 5000 miles and exhibited similar tightness when new. I've not even redlined it yet, since the break-in procedure recommends nothing above 4500 rpm or 100mph for the first 1250 miles. If it weren't for the idrive problems, I'd be in nirvana.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #2
Nu 3 in Sin City
Driver of the Ultimate Driving Machine
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Thanks Robertb,

There is no such thing as a Perfect car. Hopefully your I-drive problems will be resolved soon. I bet you are enjoying that car though. Anyway, it's good to see input on any problems, in case there is anything in common between owners in regards to defects.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 03:03 AM   #3
jiggax23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

I've noticed a few, at least i think they are, glitches in the navigation software. When i recall the map via voice command, it doesnt cancel afterwards, nor does it let me give another voice command, so i have to press the voice activation button. Not sure if i'm missing something here, but i assume it to be a glitch of some sort. Nothing major tho imo. Also, I noticed the address book sometimes finds certain addresses and sometimes misses, but the vast majority of the time it will catch it. And I cant get the bluetooth to work, but i'm not gonna blame the car for that, i'm sure thats more user error than car error.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 06:26 AM   #4
Nathan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 3.0

Folks, please report these glitches to your BMW Dealer. There is probably a fix available that they don't know about, or they will work on one ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
robertb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Took the car to dealer today. The i-drive controller is defective, part will be in in 3-5 days. I also ordered the phone cradle and the trunk mounted CD changer. There's a 1 and a 5 week backorder on the parts. Don't remember which is backordered longer.
Appreciate 0