E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > JB4 PnP / DCI install and thoughts

10-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
sergkoko
Comrade
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4 DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
JB4 PnP / DCI install and thoughts

Hey everyone,

So today my JB4 came in along with the DCI. At first I thouht the package was way too small to be everything, but after I opneded it everything was in there.

I followed the instructions from manufacturers website. The install is pretty streight forward if you pay attention. It took about 25 minutes to pull the plastics off the engine bay, and another 20 or so to plug everything in. The only thing I can recommend is to make sure you dnt bend the pins on the connectors provided with the kit. While the cowl and covers were off I installed the DCI. (If the cowl was still on, the DCI install would have been a bit harder) After putting everything together (which took some time due to me being frustrated over how dirty i was getting, due to there being AZ dust all over everything) I cranked up the car. Yay! it runs!

Before going on to the test drive portion, I have to say that everything was very planned in the instructions and I can't say that it would have been worth paying someone to install it. Also I was ipressed by how factory-like the install looked due to all the connectors being exactly like the BMW ones.

I didn't install the USB cable because I jsut didnt have the energy to route it, but I will do that after some time, there is a very good write up on this forum about it, I just cant remember where, I think it was on the JB4 sticky.

Once I pulled the car out of the driveway (On factory map) I decided to just drive around random neighborhoods untill the engine warmed up enought to romp on. I noticed that the DCI makes an awesome whoosh sound on spool and something that sounds like a very quite b.o.v. when u let off the throttle.

Once the car was well warmed up, I flipped it to map 1. I found a small stretch of street, threw it into Sport and let the floor have it.
What happened next put about the biggest smile on my face that I ever had.
Not only did my car squat like it was about to take off, it reached a "questionable" speed in about a spilt second so I had to slow down.

Overall you can definetly feel the diffrence, a large diffrence. I am going to dyno the car sometime next week and i'll post the results when I do.

I hope you guys enjoyed my little write-up. This is my first one on the forum so I appologize its not very detailed or if I missed anything.
      10-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Glad you are enjoying the tune as most customers do as it transforms the car, but I think you meant to post this in the N54 section

Mike
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
sergkoko
Comrade
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4 DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Shoot. I did. Admin, i reposted in appropriate section, please delete this thread. Thank you.

Last edited by sergkoko; 10-07-2011 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: delete
Appreciate 0