E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vendors Attitudes...

10-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Vendors Attitudes...

I've noticed this questionable behavior in quite a few threads.

IMHO, this shows/exposes some vendors' true colors. If I were in the market for a new tune and read these threads, I know which ones I wouldn't purchase based solely on the attitudes of their respective representatives/owners.

I know a lot LESS about tuning than many people on this board so I try and learn as much as I can. What I see is that there are a few different philosophies on achieving certain results and the rest is on the consumer.

Attacking each other, sniping over a misspelled word, condescending remarks, etc, it's all completely unprofessional, uncalled for, and quite frankly, ugly.

Take a note vendors, plebeian behavior says a lot about ones character; if you put yourself out in the public spectrum, yours is open to scrutiny. (Or worse...judgement.)

How about we keep things civil and constructive for the sake of the community and your customers.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
you are correct, but sadly nothing will change. Like Death and Taxes, Venders acting like d*cks on forums are something that will never change.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Over the last 3 years, I have noticed quite a few members comment on picking a product more on the positive/negative attitude of vendors on these forums then on the merits of the product. That being said, I haven’t see much change in said vendors attitudes based on these results.

While your statement may be true, I don’t see anything really changing.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

i do agree that some of the attitudes suck and need to change, but in the end, you're not having the dude over for dinner or moving in with any of them, so as long as the tune works thats all that really matters, do you care if the people in charge at bmw have crappy attitudes?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
maxxed
335i Love
Rep

It might be something that you want to report up the ranks. From what I have seen Alan and many of the other forum representatives have been very professional and helpful (both when I was a customer and now as a fellow vendor).

We are looking to become a new gold or silver level sponsor,.. and as a managing partner I would be very interested to know if one of my sales guys was being anything less than exceptional. Not only is it is bad business but it is permanently archived. The damage from one comment could haunt your business for years.

Martin
Partner and Director
swmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
i do agree that some of the attitudes suck and need to change, but in the end, you're not having the dude over for dinner or moving in with any of them, so as long as the tune works thats all that really matters, do you care if the people in charge at bmw have crappy attitudes?
+1000......
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I applaud you for chiming in (and you're not one of the vendors I had in mind). You're right, I'm not having the <insert name of vendor here> over for dinner, but I am giving him money. As for the folks at BMW having crappy attitudes, not a bad analogy. The thing is, I haven't personally seen them coming to this forum and behaving badly with the competition.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

This is the only reason I didn't buy a Proceede
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #9
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxed View Post
It might be something that you want to report up the ranks. From what I have seen Alan and many of the other forum representatives have been very professional and helpful (both when I was a customer and now as a fellow vendor).

We are looking to become a new gold or silver level sponsor,.. and as a managing partner I would be very interested to know if one of my sales guys was being anything less than exceptional. Not only is it is bad business but it is permanently archived. The damage from one comment could haunt your business for years.

Martin
Partner and Director
swmotorsports.com
I like the way you think, it is very much in line with my values/philosophies. No, I haven't seen anyone representing your company involved in any of this. Thanks for posting, Martin.

Last edited by BMWsky; 10-11-2011 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
Clarkson
The Uninformed
Rep
Drives: 335

That's all the internet needs.. A human spell checker and grammer police. I wonder if he edits other sites / posts as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Actually, MOST vendors here are quite pleasant to deal with.
      10-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Actually, MOST vendors here are quite pleasant to deal with.

I don't disagree with that, but the thinly veiled attacks that seemingly accompany a few select vendors are particularly troublesome. It's a shame because it severely diminishes and undermines the value of their respective contributions.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
Rob@Cobb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i ///M Pack

Quote:
When purchasing an item(s) with semi-complex to complex function, it's nice to know that vendor is going to be there for you if you have questions or issues. No matter how good a product is, a amazing support team is worth their weight in gold. As Martin posted, I would surely want to know if any of my guys were presenting a unprofessional front.

While a rude front does not directly suggest poor customer service, it certainly looks poorly on the company.

Cheers,
Rob
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote: "If you want to make people angry - lie to them.

If you want to make them absolutely livid - tell them the truth"

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #15
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

You guys act like the vendors aren't pestered by users. There are multiple users who follow vendors and make it their mission to disrupt their posts. These same users are often cheered for their behavior, yet you ridicule the vendor(s) even when they go out of their way to discuss and educate.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
You guys act like the vendors aren't pestered by users. There are multiple users who follow vendors and make it their mission to disrupt their posts. These same users are often cheered for their behavior, yet you ridicule the vendor(s) even when they go out of their way to discuss and educate.
Not what I'm pointing out here...I'm talking about the juvenile attacks between the vendors themselves. If a vendor wants to get sucked into a battle with a customer, that's their business decision to make.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #17
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
^
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWsky View Post
Not what I'm pointing out here...I'm talking about the juvenile attacks between the vendors themselves. If a vendor wants to get sucked into a battle with a customer, that's their business decision to make.
Its a competitive market with lots of history. Are you familiar with the history between the vendors that I think you speak of? I appreciate it when a vendor steps in an corrects another vendor. It keeps them honest. It also lets you know who knows their *hit.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #19
BMWsky
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its a competitive market with lots of history. Are you familiar with the history between the vendors that I think you speak of? I appreciate it when a vendor steps in an corrects another vendor. It keeps them honest. It also lets you know who knows their *hit.

There's a difference between correcting each other (perfectly acceptable) vs thinly (or not so thinly) veiled attacks. Personally, it's not how I'd run a business; but hey, it makes great innarweb drama.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #20
ETS Michael
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxed View Post

Martin
Partner and Director
swmotorsports.com
Martin,

I didn't know you were on this board - Good to see another buddy on here. This thread is also in the wrong section I think.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #21
drewmeyer87
Chump
United_States
Rep

Please keep in mind that this is a forum. It's a public, unprofessional repository for garbage (with some good stuff mixed in).

Take this forum out of the picture. You have a list of vendors, you have a list of products, how do you go about determining which one you give your money to? I would hate to think anyone would possibly choose an inferior product simply because of a bad attitude. You are buying a product, not going on a date with the creators.

No one is forcing anyone to read the banter between vendors, humans will be humans. I don't think anyone's behavior on an open forum should be taken for more than it's worth.

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #22
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

There's a difference between demonstrating knowledge and outright attacking others. But I also want to make it clear that most vendors tend to be very nice to deal with in person or even online. Sometimes the internet makes it hard to express yourself the way you intended.

In the end, what matters most to me is how a vendor reacts and treats you once there's a genuine problem. My friend and I have gotten help from Rob personally once when he had some issues with his car. Turned out to just be spark plugs, but I'd be lying if I said that him being there for us didn't sway my decision to buy the AP.
Appreciate 0