E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > My alignment is off, decision to be made...

10-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Jonsiu
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, F30 335i

My alignment is off, decision to be made...

Hello! This may be a stupid question but...

My car's alignment is off and I am mounting new tires today and also getting coil-overs in a couple of days. So my question is should save the buck on doing the alignment after mounting on the new tires and do it after installing the coil-overs all at once? I am asking this is because the tires I have now, have uneven wears on the treads... one became completely flat-headed while the other still have some treads left. I am concern that my alignment will ruin the new tires I am going to install. But I am of course looking for the most efficient cost method and want to know if its that big of a deal to hold the alignment adjustment to the day I install my coil-overs.

Thanks!
      10-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
nOshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 335i

you will be good a couple days or so wont hurt anything. Just get the alignment once your done with coil install. I would do the alignment first if my car was pulling all over the place, but if its not that bad just wait.
Appreciate 0