E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Roanoke, VA and Columbia, SC dealers?

10-19-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Roanoke, VA and Columbia, SC dealers?

Anyone deal with these dealers before? :
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
zimbofk
Undisputed World Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I did visit the dealer in Columbia, SC (I think it's Hancock BMW) once for a test drive. I must say that I was very disappointed. The salesman was rude and obnoxious - basically he told me that I was stupid for wanting to buy a manual car when the Steptronic is so good. I know they had no manuals on site or on order and I was willing to test drive the Step but he didn't have to be so demeaning. Oh well, that's the first and last time I ever went there. I ended up buying at one of my local dealers (Flow BMW Greensboro, NC) and they have been very pleasant.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbofk
I did visit the dealer in Columbia, SC (I think it's Hancock BMW) once for a test drive. I must say that I was very disappointed. The salesman was rude and obnoxious - basically he told me that I was stupid for wanting to buy a manual car when the Steptronic is so good. I know they had no manuals on site or on order and I was willing to test drive the Step but he didn't have to be so demeaning. Oh well, that's the first and last time I ever went there. I ended up buying at one of my local dealers (Flow BMW Greensboro, NC) and they have been very pleasant.
Do you remember the dealers name? Also, did he let you test drive by yourself at least? I went to the Charlotte dealer today and was out there for about 20 minutes looking at all the e90s. Not one person came out to see if I need anything. WTF is that!?!?! So I just left.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2005, 12:08 PM   #4
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I went the hancock in columbia, sc today. The sales opens at 9:00 according to their site. Anyways...I got there about 9:15...was out there for like 20 min looking at the all the e90s before anyone came out to talk to me. Again WTF!?!?! I know I look younger than I really am, but what else do they have to do, no other customers were there. So anyways...some young guy finally came out and he didn't really know what he was talking about. I asked a few feeler questions to see guage how well he knew the car. He tried to tell me that there was no sports suspension on the ZSP...only difference were the wheels and seats. I had to call him out on that. Then he couldn't tell what car had ZSP or not by looking at them. And he had to look at the sticker to see that a 330i with ZSP did have a sports suspension...then tried to tell me that the 325i w/ZSP didn't though. I let him slide on that. Then asked him about idrive and asked if he could show it to me...he went in and took him forever to get keys. Thank God they sent someone else out to show me idrive...someone who was a bit more knowledgeable and less sketchy. The new guy seemed nice enough. Unfortunately, he did not let me test drive alone...and couldn't just come out and ask him to get out! So he came along for the ride, but he did encourage me to push it a bit. Hopefully, I can get him to budge on price when I'm ready to order.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
wolke9
apexlvr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 VW GTI;335i m-sprt ordrd

You might want to try BMW of Richmond. I've had good experiences there with knowledgable sales people and good customer service. They rode w/ me on my test drives but I believe you can ask to drive alone and they will allow it as long as you give them proof of your current auto insurance and sign a waiver releasing them from liability. I believe this is the case for VA, but anybody feel free to correct me.

I was able to take a 325i w/ zsp,step out for a testdrive alone at Casey BMW in Newport News. I didn't even have to ask. The only salesperson available was delivering a 6 series and threw me the keys!. . .Wish all dealers were like that.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #6
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Do not go to Lynchburg's dealership. The guy that was trying to sell me my car was a total ass. That is also why I didn't go to Roanoke, because it is owned by the same person. I called up other dealerships and Richmond gave me the best deal. My guy was/is a little slow, but he wasn't an ass like the guy from Lynchburg.
Appreciate 0