10-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
RSX Type-S vs 1M....owner comparisons

Hello 1addicts!!! As the title suggests, I am wondering if there are any RSX owners who have either driven or own a 1M now....or 1M owners who have driven a type-s....or anyone who has had the experience of driving both. I am interested in your comparisons with respect to the feel of the clutch in both and the differences in the gear box. Any observations about the drive and the feel of both cars would be appreciated.

I currently drive an RSX type-s and my 1M should be here by the end of the week. I am giving my type-s to my younger brother and am interested to know what the change over will be like... thanks, any input is appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

I'm thinking you'll have your answer by the end of the week.

Now I'd be curious about your observations regarding the clutch and transmission since I'll be moving over from a 6MT 05 TSX to the 1M.
      10-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
RizOne
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I have had an integra type r and now have a 1m. The difference is rwd vs fwd, torque vs no torque, and na vs turbo. They are both great IMO. I should not have sold the type r, it was one of my favorite cars ever. It is definitely the best fwd car ever. I am sure the rsx is similar to the itr. The vtec and i-vtec dohc Hondas are great. I appreciate all these great cars. You will definitely love the 1m, excellent chassis, steering, and usable torque. You might miss the high rpm assault of the vtec.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

lol for real dude?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Originally Posted by l888apex View Post
lol for real dude?
+1
      10-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsims View Post
+1
+2
RSX is the worst Acura I ever drove. Got it as a loaner once. Was painful experience as everything felt cheap.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

probably a no comparison.. I think others like me are wondering why you even ask that question as RSX is not even close to being in the same class as the 1M or the 135i.. maybe close to a 128i if anything... btw I owned a tsx so i can say this stuff lol..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

the rsx type S is nowhere near the likes of the 1m, but they both aspire to have a similar balance between sport and luxury. though the bmw does both so much better, i don't think it's insane for him to be asking the question. no need to become the stereotypical bmw crowd and turn our noses up now.

both have great shifters, but the 1m is closer to the 996 turbo. also, the rsx has shitty synchros. both have very precise steering, but the 1m is more effortless. the engines are completely different. the rsx is closer to the m3 in its rev-happiness (but nowhere close to the hp). the 1m is an endless pool of torque. the stock suspension is much softer on the type S. it's also less stable. i think both would benefit from a rear sway bar, though. they both like to lean in the bends. the brakes are just better on the 1m.

that's a scattered depiction of my impression. trust me, i will not lose sleep over parting with my rsx. i'm selling type S right now, and for the record, the rsx is much more focused than the tsx (my stepdad has one, and it's still a great family car).
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RizOne View Post
I have had an integra type r and now have a 1m. The difference is rwd vs fwd, torque vs no torque, and na vs turbo. They are both great IMO. I should not have sold the type r, it was one of my favorite cars ever. It is definitely the best fwd car ever. I am sure the rsx is similar to the itr. The vtec and i-vtec dohc Hondas are great. I appreciate all these great cars. You will definitely love the 1m, excellent chassis, steering, and usable torque. You might miss the high rpm assault of the vtec.

Thanks a lot man, for a level-headed answer. This is exactly what I was looking for, just a gist of what to expect going from one car to a totally different car.

For all the rest, maybe my question was misleading. I wasn't expecting to hear a long list of similarities. As I said in the OP, I am interested in knowing the differences between the clutch and the gearbox in particular. As different and "incomparable" as these two cars may be, they both still have a clutch and a gearbox, and I am sure there are other people out there who have valuable insight to contribute. And as rediculous as my inquiry may sound to you all, it certainly holds value to me... as the owner of this "Worst Acura Ever" lol
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #10
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizOne View Post
I agree...should've kept the ITR. I was also an ITR owner, however I would never have kept it in PLACE of the 1M. The 1M is a much, much better car. ITR was great for it's day, and I agree...as a DD, it's really hard to beat. As far as the RSX...just my opinion, but never liked them much. I'll still miss the transmission in the ITR though...one of the BEST transmission I've ever driven (even compared to some really expensive cars).
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #11
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

You're about to get your car this weekend... You tell US!
... yes I am just jealous and that my car has just began production
Congrats. Please do tell and take some pics, those never get old
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #12
RPMjunkie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Got 1)

I owned a RSX type-s for 9 years until I sold it Sat. to pick up my 1M today!

You will not be dissapointed.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #13
debadgedbmw1
BMW: intake,exhaust,strut bar,18''M1styl,CFspoiler
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

I have previously owned mostly a variety of different Acura models , they are still one of the best brands made. The reason I made a switch to BMW...1series!
Appreciate 0