BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Where Can I Buy Car Wash Supplies in Germany?

I’m picking up my 1M at BMW Welt on Thursday . I'd like to hand wash my car before it goes on the boat. What retailers sell good quality car wash supplies in Germany? Any other advice on getting my 1M ready for its journey at sea?

I realize this isn't really 1M specific. Is there a dedicated BIMMERPOST / 1Addicts forum for European Delivery? If so, can someone please send me the link? It's probably obvious, but for some reason I can't find it...

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
josephvman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Valencia Orange

You can buy pretty much everything you need at the Welt, including wash bucket, wash mitt, microfiber towels, etc. Don't leave anything in the car or it will disappear. This includes not only your warning triangle, but even the mounting brackets for it. I took my triangle with me on the plane, but the brackets were gone when the car showed up in Houston.

Also, gas stations in Germany have everything, including lots of tools, accessories, and cleaning supplies.

Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Wow, even stole the brackets.... thats like someone taking all the light bulbs when they move out of a place. Hey, did they leave those?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

I don't know a specific location, but I use Einszett products and highly recommend them, Perls Shampoo is a really amazing product. You might reach out to them directly, let them know you're taking ED and see if they can point you to a retailer, could also be a fun stop on your trip!! http://www.1z-usa.com/

The other thing to consider is just taking along a no rinse formal like Optimum No Rinse in your luggage and buying a couple buckets in Germany then leaving them behind.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///BYU View Post
I’m picking up my 1M at BMW Welt on Thursday . I'd like to hand wash my car before it goes on the boat. What retailers sell good quality car wash supplies in Germany? Any other advice on getting my 1M ready for its journey at sea?

I realize this isn't really 1M specific. Is there a dedicated BIMMERPOST / 1Addicts forum for European Delivery? If so, can someone please send me the link? It's probably obvious, but for some reason I can't find it...

Thanks!!

Well... at the Welt they sell the BMW brand cleaning supplies. I think most of it is made my SONAX. Just down the street from the Welt is a big German grocery store: Real SB.

real,- SB Warenhaus
Margot-Kalinke-Straße 4, 80939 München te; 089/318810

They also sell all kinds SONAX products in the automotive section. You can also
buy a bucket and wash mitt there. Most German grocery stores have some sort
car supplies. You could go to any REAL, Marktkuaf, or Toom markt for this stuff.
Even the hardware store like OBI has a decent automotive selection of car
cleaning products.

This is the closest OBI to the Welt:

OBI Bau- und Heimwerkermarkt GmbH & Co. KG

Lerchenauer Straße 134, 80809 München tel. 089/3571580

There is also a autoparts chain store called: ATU (Auto Teile Ungar = Auto Parts Cheap!)

Here are two of thier stores closest to the Welt.

A.T.U München 1Frankfurter Ring 228, 80807 München

www.atu.de/Filialen

A.T.U München 2

Triebstr. 39, 80993 München
tel. 0180 5 2727338

Hope that helps you out. Btw... for some shampo, a sponge or mitt and a shammy... you will
probably spend 30 euros. You might as well buy it all at the Welt and get the nice BMW stuff. B
ut you should have some fun and take a look at one of these stores too - just for grins.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

@BYU: Note, that washing your car outside of a designated carwash is illegal in Germany. Environmentalism rocks. (Not.) Especially in the bigger cities your chances of getting fined a rather circumstantial amount if the cops drive by and see you washing at roadside are pretty good. So you should look for a self service carwash, where you can legally wash, before you unpack your goodies.
      10-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
@BYU: Note, that washing your car outside of a designated carwash is illegal in Germany. Environmentalism rocks. (Not.) Especially in the bigger cities your chances of getting fined a rather circumstantial amount if the cops drive by and see you washing at roadside are pretty good. So you should look for a self service carwash, where you can legally wash, before you unpack your goodies.
^^+1 ohh yea... I forgot to mention that. lol Damm greens!

Btw... just look for a self service "Wash Strasse". but in Munich they are very, very rare to find. In fact I have not found one there! lol Also... it is against the law to wash your car on Sundays or on public street. But IF you are parked on a private property - that is ok. Just not on Sundays! lol

At those self service wash strasse... they turn off after 9pm or 10pm in most cities. They open at 8am. Most gas stations will have a car wash machine(that moves around the car). I still would not use one of those. BUT... most gas stations also have "one" high pressure hose/wand... that you can put euro coins in to wash your car. That might be the way to go.

What city will you be dropping your 1M off at?

Good Luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
What city will you be dropping your 1M off at?
Thanks for the great advice, Dackel (and everyone). I'm dropping off in Munich because I thought I'd need to return my winter tire setup. I just posted about that. Long story short - edwintertires.com is out of winter tire setups for the 1M. Guess I didn't plan very well...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599311
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
flzrider
Captain
Rep

I stopped by an ATU in Munich (right near the Leonardo Royal Hotel) to buy some supplies. It is basically a German version of pep-boys (including a couple riced-out cars in the parking lot, lol). I had a tough time picking what I needed since all the Sonax stuff is in German, you might be better off buying what you think you need at the Welt.

Also, for all ED related questions, this is your best resource: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25