10-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M Coupe VO!

I finally found one.

Hello Dear 1M addicts,
This is my first post here, I hope everyone is doing well. I've been obsessing over the 1 m and the 135i coupe before it for quite a while. This forum fueled this desire even more. Amazing photography and fantastic stories. Day to day living to European delivery experiences.

I moved back home a year ago and the hunt for a new car has started. The list of cars had been the cts-v and rs5 but none of them hit the spot. I wanted something small and nimble. Everytime i finish a test drive, I am left with the same feeling, there is so much power but it felt big and unconnected. I really wanted a manual transmission. Autos/PDK/paddle shifters doesnt cut it.

The 1 m is such a beautiful car, the whole concept and the way it is constructed. The way it is more than the sum of its parts ranks it very high on the scale of car awesomesness. The qouta for the Middle east is just 60 cars for the 2012 model and as far as i know production will seaze in spring 2012.

The dealership in my city doesn't order them anymore but I found a dealership that will get a VO fully loaded with shadow line package for March delivery. The only way for that to happen is to lay down a deposit.

I know I am preaching to the converted, I have till this thursday to take the plunge and then it is the long wait till March Delivery.

This is hopefully the beginning of my 1 m story, It is usually unorthadox to buy small cars here, but this one is just too beautiful to pass on. A lot of people said that this is already an out of date vehicle as the f20 is here. My response is that it is a one off masterpiece. I feel this will be a collectable classic, it is a baby m car for god's sake!

Alright, I just wanted to share my story, say hello to fellow 1 m addicts and to get that small push into taking a plunge. As many of you here who bought the car with out test driving or seeing it in real life. What are your experiences? Was it worth it? Is it sane to order such a car without test driving it?

My current car is A Holden commadore SS 2002 with minor mods. 360 HP / 307 whp. so getting a coupe, light weight is just going to be amazing.

Kindest Regards,

Shimmy
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

DO IT!!!!

You won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
I never even saw one in person, let alone test drive a 1M before ordering mine. I took delivery of it this past Friday. You will not be disappointed...this car has exceeded my expectations in every aspect so far...and I had really high expectations because of the long 8 month wait for the car and all the hype surrounding it. After seeing it in person for the first time, it become clear what all the hype was about. Pictures do not do justice to this car, interior or exterior, specially the BSM...It look soo much more aggressive and curvy in person than in the pictures...And the 2-3 gear acceleration is ridiculous...I am very happy with this car...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

I, personally, know a couple of guys willing to trade in their left nut for one.

Hope that answers your question.

The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

a super happy camper here too.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

Welcome aboard Shimmy! Nice to have another member from Dubai.

I also say go for it

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Welcome.

Avoid missed chances and regrets: if at arm's length, get it. Definitely worth the jump.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Do it and don't look back. This is the first car I ever purchase without a test drive and I have to say that it lives up to the hype and everything I read about it before I took delivery. It definitely exceeded expectations for me as well
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

put your money down and wait... it will be well worth the wait!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
spoon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 1///m

I never saw or sat in one , but I knew I had to have one It will be one week Teusday that I picked it up. I now have 1056 miles on it and its fantastic! Just do it. You wont regret it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #11
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShimmy View Post
Hello Dear 1M addicts,
This is my first post here, I hope everyone is doing well. I've been obsessing over the 1 m and the 135i coupe before it for quite a while. This forum fueled this desire even more. Amazing photography and fantastic stories. Day to day living to European delivery experiences.

I moved back home a year ago and the hunt for a new car has started. The list of cars had been the cts-v and rs5 but none of them hit the spot. I wanted something small and nimble. Everytime i finish a test drive, I am left with the same feeling, there is so much power but it felt big and unconnected. I really wanted a manual transmission. Autos/PDK/paddle shifters doesnt cut it.

The 1 m is such a beautiful car, the whole concept and the way it is constructed. The way it is more than the sum of its parts ranks it very high on the scale of car awesomesness. The qouta for the Middle east is just 60 cars for the 2012 model and as far as i know production will seaze in spring 2012.

The dealership in my city doesn't order them anymore but I found a dealership that will get a VO fully loaded with shadow line package for March delivery. The only way for that to happen is to lay down a deposit.

I know I am preaching to the converted, I have till this thursday to take the plunge and then it is the long wait till March Delivery.

This is hopefully the beginning of my 1 m story, It is usually unorthadox to buy small cars here, but this one is just too beautiful to pass on. A lot of people said that this is already an out of date vehicle as the f20 is here. My response is that it is a one off masterpiece. I feel this will be a collectable classic, it is a baby m car for god's sake!

Alright, I just wanted to share my story, say hello to fellow 1 m addicts and to get that small push into taking a plunge. As many of you here who bought the car with out test driving or seeing it in real life. What are your experiences? Was it worth it? Is it sane to order such a car without test driving it?

My current car is A Holden commadore SS 2002 with minor mods. 360 HP / 307 whp. so getting a coupe, light weight is just going to be amazing.

Kindest Regards,

Shimmy
Check this out. My Atlanta dealer had NO cars, but they delivered one about two months before mine and the gentleman was nice enough to bring the car and and we went for a rather spirited test drive! That was it for me. The only ;thing I would advise is to get the satellite radio.. it makes the car go just a bit faster than those without.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #12
671rover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '94 D90, '95 D90 SW, '11 VO 1M

Go for it! I did without a test drive. Placed my order in July, got confirmed with build date in November. I won't get the car until Feb/Mar next year. Thanks to forum member AW 1M who gave me a ride, now the wait is even harder.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #13
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
Check this out. My Atlanta dealer had NO cars, but they delivered one about two months before mine and the gentleman was nice enough to bring the car and and we went for a rather spirited test drive! That was it for me. The only ;thing I would advise is to get the satellite radio.. it makes the car go just a bit faster than those without.
+10 whp is what I heard.

1M + Satellite Radio + Racing Stripes = Gallardo killer.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #14
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Thank you for the warmest welcome and the best support ever. I am happy to say tomorrow after work I will be going to the dealership to set the deposit and the long wait shall start. Thank you for the small nudge

The specification sheet for the car was fully loaded with all the options. The only thing I will change is the chrome package and substitute it with the shadowline. I tried to get the BMW performance black kidneys but they said that can't happen. So will see if I change it after market. I will have a long wait. Now all i can think of is how to protect the paint and headlights. hehe will scour the forums, I read many posts about how to best protect the lovely gem of a car that is the 1m coupe.

I feel very giddy, I couldn't focus at work today. 24 hours till the first step. I am super excited. Ok *relaxing* Thank you once more, I will keep you posted on my adventure.

Nice to meet you all!

and to my fellow BMW fan, Stratus650, once i get my car we shall meet up and do some burn outs UAE style.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #15
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep

Congrats and welcome. March isn't that far off. I've been waiting since June and that is about half as long as some others!

I hear it's worth the wait

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #16
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
Congrats and welcome. March isn't that far off. I've been waiting since June and that is about half as long as some others!

I hear it's worth the wait

i will put my 1M in the garage this weekend until end of march

but if you say it isnt that far off - maybe it isnt as bad at all

to the OP - buy the car - i never sat in a one series before when i ordered mine - this is the best car i had so far - and i would not trade it for any other car - not even much more expensive ones

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

My wait was 3 weeks short of 1 Year from Deposit to car in my Driveway. I would do it all over again without even thinking about it.

YES get it!!! you will love it.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 01:23 AM   #18
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

Quote:
and to my fellow BMW fan, Stratus650, once i get my car we shall meet up and do some burn outs UAE style.
you bet haha

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Dearest Peeps,

I am happy to report that the deposit has been deposited and the car order has been issued. The wait shall be tough, I really can't wait! *dies from giddiness*

Last edited by DrShimmy; 10-26-2011 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #20
LOVEM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1m VO

Quote:
Dearest Peeps,

I am happy to report that the deposit has been deposited and the car order has been issued. The wait shall be tough, I really can't wait! *dies from giddiness*
Good luck and make sure you get get something in writing if they back out so u can take them to court..... IT DID HAPPENED TO COUPLE OF 1ADDICTS. GOOD LUCK.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #21
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
Good luck and make sure you get get something in writing if they back out so u can take them to court..... IT DID HAPPENED TO COUPLE OF 1ADDICTS. GOOD LUCK.
Thank you if i take them to court here, by the time things get processed, i'd be able to buy a 2100 model I hope it goes through without any issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #22
DrShimmy
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Just a quick update. I called the sales rep to see what's up with the car. He said I needed to drop by to sign the specification sheet for my build order. I checked the paper work and it said build week 51. He said he didn't want to get me over excited but he said it might be in the UAE end of January. I really can't wait. I checked out the IND black side markers and the black kidney grills. I might place an order from them soon. Will go for Black side markers and black kidney grills. I am really tempted to order another set in VO to match the car just for a change from time to time but the black seems much nicer on a VO.

Ok enough typing and more obsessing. Bug you guys soon.
Appreciate 0