BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
rogbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina B12 5.0

ATTN: M3 Adjuster - WRONG Tranny Fluid

They have filled your transmission with the WRONG fluid: 83-22-0-406-941 is LT-2, not LT-5.
Please review this thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592893

And This One: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593513

They special ordererd the correct fluid, and have changed it to LT-5, and are going to change it again in a few weeks to make sure there there is no residual LT-2 remaining.

I would suggest contacting your dealership ASAP to let them know of the mistake, and make them change it to the correct fluid.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Thank you sir. It wasn't a local dealership... And I am not sure I claim ANY dealer as "my dealership"... but I have placed a call to a local dealership to see how this can be corrected.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Thank you sir. It wasn't a local dealership... And I am not sure I claim ANY dealer as "my dealership"... but I have placed a call to a local dealership to see how this can be corrected.
Sorry Mark.....I can't understand how they can be so lame! I'm sure you warned them beforehand too, right? I put a note on my steering wheel:

Achtung/Attention use LT-5! NOT LT-2. It seemed to work for me. I also asked the service advisor to make sure, but I was also at the dealership next to Welt in Germany. I don't think there was a shortage.

Anyway, I hope they extend your gearbox warranty. I heard they did it for some guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

My dealer called me for the courtesy call and I made sure to remind them to order the correct fluids ahead of time for when it's time for my 1200 mile service. In only 1/3 of the way there.

I encourage everyone to contact their respective dealers and let them know the correct part numbers so that they have in stock when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Sorry Mark.....I can't understand how they can be so lame! I'm sure you warned them beforehand too, right? I put a note on my steering wheel:

Achtung/Attention use LT-5! NOT LT-2. It seemed to work for me. I also asked the service advisor to make sure, but I was also at the dealership next to Welt in Germany. I don't think there was a shortage.

Anyway, I hope they extend your gearbox warranty. I heard they did it for some guys.

I actually was a walk in... To be honest... I was not even thinking about the 1200 mile service.. or that I would be near it. I was at Barber Motorsports park in Birmingham at Ofest... all week long... trying to get the car delivered.
I instructed each day and called my CA and then the dealer manager each day... because the car came into the VPC on 10/04 and cleared customs the same day! I managed to collect the car 10/15 (the penultimate day of the weeklong event) by catching a 3AM greyhound bus from Birmingham to Columbia South Carolina. I survived the Columbia bus station (it was horrible.. filthy).. and got the car and literally as I got to the outskirts of Birmingham the service engine light came on. It came on EARLY at 1150 miles.

I had planned on trailering the car back to TX.. but my friend that had space in his rig left early Sunday when he lost his clutch on Saturday...... and I wanted to drive on track... So i thought.. no biggie... I'll drive on track for the ONE remaining day... WOOHOO (I had missed the previous 4 track days) and then drive home.

Well.. the light began to worry me... and realizing I had a 600 mile drive home..Tather than start back to Dallas on Sunday, I stayed overnight in a hotel after calling at 7am and getting no answer at either service receptionist phone #.... and I just drove on over to Tom Williams at 7:30am ... and they said they could work on the car. YAY!!

Sounds great right? Too bad they didnt

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-27-2011 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0