E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Fields BMW Northfield IL

10-21-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
boas1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325xi 2006

Fields BMW Northfield IL

Picked up my new 325xi two days ago. Ordered in June, the price negotiated was the price I paid, even with a price increase in August. CA was excellent on taking my many calls and emails. Delivery and pickup was painless. Sat through 2 minute extended warranty, tire road hazard insurance pitch, talked more about other things than those like sports, the Mrs. etc., said no thank you and was out the door. Highly recommended for no hassle, enjoyable buying experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2005, 10:39 AM   #2
Yaajer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ActiveHybrid 3, X5

Knauz BMW has been good to me. Traveled from Madison to buy my E90 from Knauz. Good price, good sales service.

BMW Zimbrick =
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
BMWChi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 (May 2)

Initial experience at Field's was great, until my sales person left the company out of frustration with their sales direction. I suffered because no one wanted to deal with me since I was not their "commission". I called and called to get updates about delivery and no one would call back. I finally called the cell phone of my original sales person and he answered, I asked if he could help and he called them for me. An hour later I got a call and was told my car was ready for pick up. I went to pick up my car and expected a delivery experience (the training, a "thank you" for buying). I was handed the keys and told that since I had taken E.D., I didn't need the usual delivery experience and training. I got a call the next day. I thought at that moment, "how nice, they're calling to see how I like the car". No, they were actually calling to see if I found a cell phone in my car. Who was in my car and why, they didn't answer. It was an extreme let down at delivery. Service is another story, and it's worse.

I did write a letter to the general manager, but received no response.

I have since started using Perillo BMW downtown. 1st class experience. Even though I didn't buy from them, they've been treating me like a long time customer. I called Fields BMW to order the car alarm, they quoted me $700 and said I had to come in and pre-pay. I called Perillo and had it installed for a little over $500.

I will be purchasing all of my future BMWs from Perillo!
      12-25-2005, 10:03 PM   #4
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
I'm buying my E91 from Perillo.
"Even though I didn't buy from them, they've been treating me like a long time customer " is the kind of service I've experienced so far with my E46 from Perillo.
The way they've already taken care of me makes me feel confident about purchasing my new car from them. The sales person has been quite nice to deal with, and the price is right.
      01-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Kingofcars
Rep
Drives: none right now

My .02,

In 97 I bought a 540I out of state because no one had the one I wanted.

A few years later I went to Fields when I wanted a an 00 M5. I was wearing jeans and a t shirt. When I enquired about a purchase I was sneered at and told "are you kidding? There is a waiting list of eighteen, you wont see one for two years!!" I called my original dealer (NW Indiana). He told me I would have one within 90 days and refused my deposit. I picked up my car after about 2.5 months.

I have also purchased a 03 M3 cab from Knauz. The are pros and are very accomodating.

I would ride a horse before I bought a car from Fields. They are very condescending and have a huge attitude.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
toolfan
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i sedan

I have heard the same poor experiences from Fields as well, unfortunately for everyone who has had to deal with that. I hear patrick isnt very accomodating and neither is laurel. But on a lighter note, I hear Knauz, Elmhurst and Perillo dont have issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #7
u2jrmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Interesting to read this. I went to Fields for my test drive even though I live downtown. They were very busy, but the General Manager was very helpful and let me take the car out. I then spent a good 45 minutes in his office just shooting the breeze. It was a very pleasant experience, but I wasn't at the point of making a decision.

I wasn't that excited to go to Perillo because I hate the Joe Perillo commercials...

But maybe i should try them out as that is where I would take my car for service.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #8
BMWChi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 (May 2)

I'm not a fan of the Perillo commercials either, but every experience I've had with service and accessory sales has been absolutely perfect at Perillo. Everyone I've come in contact with has been professional and extremely pleasant and helpful. Fields on the other hand, is simply too arrogant in sales and service.

I feel bad because I helped convince another buyer to purchase at Fields, he as well as myself have both moved to Perillo after the sale. I can't speak for every customer of course, but we were two customers that were so poorly treated that they have lost two customers for life, and I will be buying my next BMW from Perillo.
      01-25-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
u2jrmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

I just spoke to my boss who owns a used 330ci convertable (I think). He bought it used not from a dealership. He has taken it to Fields a number of times for warranty related repairs and service and says he has been very happy with them. They always give him a loaner (renatl car). Once they did slip up and forgot to send a rim out for repair, he called them on it and they were very apologetic and covered the $300 bill to have it repaired for his inconvenience.

That sounds like pretty good service.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
BenMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 330i coupe  [0.00]
2002 325ci  [0.00]
Knauz of Lake Bluff(Forest) Can be good and bad it matters who you work with. I like Hans there he is German and always knows all the newest updates on future cars. Also he travels over there often and knows people who know alot about BMW's future Cars.

Im most likely going to order the E92 330i Coupe from him, Supposed to come late September!

Last edited by BenMW; 02-14-2006 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
iliabichin
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 323i

Thumbs down Ruind aniversary

Mr. Fields store in Vancouver bc Canada The bmw store is the worst expierance of our life.
We went into dealership to purchase our wedding anniversary present and it end up in disaster.
People don't care about you. The goal is to make a sale.Sales manager Mickle Chase
promisses but doesnot deliver General manager cares less. We found buisness disonest,
Car was delivered messy. You would not ride this car mr. general manager. All tools ,manual, first aid kit are missing. Just thinking about dealership The BMW store in Vancouver ruins your day.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
iliabichin
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 323i

Thumbs down bad expierience with fields store in vancouver bc THE BMW store

we donot recommend THE BMW store in vancouver on burrard street.
We found their sales department does not know what is included in the car.
They change their dessition every 5 minutes.
We are very unhappy with the sales service.
They do not respond to your e mails or phone calls
Please remember best advertising is word of mouth.
Very upset.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #13
mschu19
Got Turbos?
Rep
Drives: 335 E92

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
BMW of Westmont HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
      11-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
tracfour
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550. 2015 x328d

Garage List
Laurel Bmw, Wesmont IL

Laurel BMW of Westmont Illinois has great service in sales and service. Everyone at the dealership is nice and gives excellent service.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #15
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

Talking Fields in great

Sorry in advance for the long reply, but hopefully it will help you guys.
I originally bought my first BMW at fields a few back (04 325i) and have had a mostly positive experience with them in terms of service when bringing in my car for oil changes and such. I wanted to see if the 4 year free maintenance program lived up to what it said so I brought my car in after 6 months and told them that I wanted new pads and rotors and an oil change. They said no problem, gave me a 5 series loaner on the spot with no appointment and did what I asked.

I recently moved up north and live about 2 miles from Knauz in Lake Bluff, so I checked them out first out of convenience for my new BMW. I'm 24, and I drove up in my other car, a highly modded Accord coupe, loud exhaust system and all, wearing a hoody and torn jeans. 5 minutes into walking in the door, I was asked by 2 salesmen if they could help, one of them wasn't even working that day, he was just in to check on some paperwork. I told him exactly what I was looking for, he came back with a price on an 09 328 $500 over INVOICE.

I also stopped by Fields to see what they could do for me. I worked with Broch Gordon, who was very curteous and made the process as simple as possible. I did notice that in general, the sales staff is a bit stuck up there, but not Broch. I very highly recommend working with him. I was able to factory order my car with the exact options that I wanted for just $90 over INVOICE. No this is not a mistake. Invoice was $36,860, I bought it for $36,950. When I ordered the car, BMW had a deal for 0.9% APR. Broch guarenteed me that rate with a pre-approval and made sure that I would get my car delivered on time to qualify. A week before delivery, BMW anounced a new deal for 0.9% APR and first 2 months paid my BMW. I asked Broch if I could get this or not, and he worked to get me this deal. With this, I am paying $1400 under invoice (not considering the tax and destination fee). I was soo impressed that I bought 2 new 09 328s. Upon delivery, he also came in on his day off and went through the whole car from 6pm-9pm to answer any and all questions. He also found a great deal for ceramic window tints. Once again, I highly recommend working with him at Fields. If you guys have any questions about any of this, send me a message.
Appreciate 0