BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
violinfather
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1M

VO 1M's in Southern Ontario?

I have one week left to decide on the colour of my car so wondering if anyone has a VO 1M that I can see up close. I have ordered an AW but am thinking of changing to VO. There are great photo's on this forum but I really need to see the colour in person before making the change. I live in Waterloo and saw a BSM out here.

Thanks,

Mark
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
bmwmck
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by violinfather View Post
I have one week left to decide on the colour of my car so wondering if anyone has a VO 1M that I can see up close. I have ordered an AW but am thinking of changing to VO. There are great photo's on this forum but I really need to see the colour in person before making the change. I live in Waterloo and saw a BSM out here.

Thanks,

Mark
There was one purchased from Budds Hamilton, I saw the owner there with it a couple weeks ago. He's on the forum, don't recall his user name.

You've seen a BSM in K/W eh?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

BSM is "The Dark Knight".
AW is "The Fast One".
VO is "The Furious One".
Different colors, but all with have the same great heart, heritage, power and stamina.
Good luck with your choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
violinfather
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmck View Post
There was one purchased from Budds Hamilton, I saw the owner there with it a couple weeks ago. He's on the forum, don't recall his user name.

I did not actually see it driving around Kitchener/Waterloo. I saw it when it just arrived at BMW Waterloo before delivery to the owner. When I saw it there that was the beginning of my quest to own a 1M.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
violinfather
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
BSM is "The Dark Knight".
AW is "The Fast One".
VO is "The Furious One".
Different colors, but all with have the same great heart, heritage, power and stamina.
Good luck with your choice.

BSM is out for me because I owned my last BSM 330xi for 9 years and need a new color. AW looks really sporty. VO looks the best to me in some photo's however my 14 year old daughter thinks it is not the color for her 45 year old father
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
bmwmck
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
I did not actually see it driving around Kitchener/Waterloo. I saw it when it just arrived at BMW Waterloo before delivery to the owner. When I saw it there that was the beginning of my quest to own a 1M.
Good to know.. Guess I won't be the only BSM in the area!

On topic: VO is quite vibrant but I think it suits the car very well, and helps showcase the cars unique value. Again, good luck with your choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:

BSM is out for me because I owned my last BSM 330xi for 9 years and need a new color. AW looks really sporty. VO looks the best to me in some photo's however my 14 year old daughter thinks it is not the color for her 45 year old father
Fortysomething too and alike several other VO 1M owners initially challenged the same scepsis during the ordering process: "got an orange high performance car on order" equals "this guy has midlife issues" for a lot of folks. However, everything changes once you get the keys of it: my wife was pleasantly surprised and my daughter fell in love with VO ever since she lay her eyes on it. Seeing it in the flesh outclasses any picture you've seen so far and brushes the initial scepsis away. Absolutely not one single negative reaction yet about the car and VO color (family, office, traffic, police, etc.), well on the contrary. No regrets here. The "way cool" thought will befall you often when you'll behold it. ...Oh, and if your daughter is no big fan of washing/detailing cars: of all three colors, VO hides dirt and rain spots best. Yup, VO is for the lazy ones who opt for the color which was conceived for the car.

Here's mine:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=40

Also check this cute pic of forum member nebby for your daughter:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595909
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
roachrider
Canada
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, M2

Hi Mark, Budds Oakville have had a VO sat outside for the last few months, i guess its the owners or something, i haven't been past in the last week but might be worth the drive to have a look if its still there, Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
arvinz
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmck View Post

I took delivery of my 1M VO at Budds Hamilton on October 7 so not sure if I'm the owner you're talking about.

I am however not from Hamilton but Newmarket, you're welcome to come by or meet me in the GTA and I can show you the vehicle.
Appreciate 0