E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Alan @ **********s really is the man

11-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

Alan @ **********s really is the man

I have bought quite a few items from Alan: AR catless 3" downpipes with ceramic coating, COBB AP, set of KW coilovers... and now I just ordered a Vishnu DCI and the Vangaurd exhaust! Alan has always been great with customer service and very helpful with technical questions. He shows recognition for repeat customers and E90post members and will try to offer the best deal possible.

I really have enjoyed working with Alan and **********s and I know I will continue to use these guys in the future. I just wanted to say thanks!

Zeph
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Thanks again for your continued orders and support as I do appreciate your returned business. I know that you're going to enjoy the Vanguard 335i exhaust and I'm sure that we will be back in touch real soon for a few other goodies for the car
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

I got it installed last night. I guess the "event" for me was about 5 hours total.... to include unpacking all of the new exhaust pieces, taking pictures, weighing everything, etc. I jacked up the rear using the pumpkin, then installed jack stands on either side (suspension cradle). Then I used my truck jack to jack up one side up front, since my car is so low on the KW's; then I used my slimline "good" jack to jack up the front using the center support between the 2 front tires. I was able to get it high enough to put my low profile rhino ramps under the front tires (for backup purposes) and just left the jack in place... yes my rhino ramps are the ones made for lowered cars, but mine is still too low to use them now

I removed the stock exhaust, weighed it as well. 76.2 lbs. The Vanguard weighed in around 66.2 lbs so I lost a good solid 10 lbs off the car with this upgrade. The quality is very high, welds are awesome and the SS is not thin like on some cheaper exhausts. Plus, it comes completely polished and looks amazing (I wiped it down really well with a terry cloth after completion of the installation!). I took a couple of pictures of each exhaust to text my friends as well.

So, when I say it took me 5 hours, to do it by myself in my garage on jacks and stands... I was taking my time as well. I probably spent about 3-3.5 hours actually "working".

Car has balls now, sound is really nice with a bit of a lower tone and some increase rumble. Keep in mind I also have AR catless 3" DP's that I had ceramic coated. I plan to re-dyno later this week, before I made 367 rwhp and 411 rwtq with stock intake and stock exhaust. I took off the intake and ran filterless, made 380 rwhp and 414 rwtq (but gained an average of 15 rwhp and 10 rwtq past 5k).

Car is now FULLY FBO as I added the Vishnu DCI last week. Already had AMS FMIC as well as a Synapse charge pipe and BOV combo. Dunno if I will go meth, but I do think I will be getting a new clutch soon.

Again, thanks Alan.

Zeph
Appreciate 0