ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
kklin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Trick autocross harnesses?

When I autocrossed my E36 M3 I used Scroth's very nice Quick Fit 4 point harness that clicked into 3 of the factory seat belt recepticals plus a supplied tongue that went attached to the outboard seat bolt -
http://www.schrothracing.com/store/t...ick-fit/qf-bmw. 4 points was very nice for autocross where you get in and out of the car many times. Afterwards, I would just detaching it and stowing it away in my helmet bag. Very nice.

Does anyone know of anything as convenient for the Z4 M Coupe? I suspect not, but thought I'd ask before I get a CG-Lock. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I don't find the CG all that effective.

What I do...
- slide the seat back a bit
- grab the shoulder strap & tug to lock it in
- then move the seat forward to driving position which tightens the shoulder (& lap) & keeps it locked in.

it takes a bit of practice to get it latched in the right place but does a decent job of keeping you in the seat including the upper torso.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
kklin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
I don't find the CG all that effective.

What I do...
- slide the seat back a bit
- grab the shoulder strap & tug to lock it in
- then move the seat forward to driving position which tightens the shoulder (& lap) & keeps it locked in.

it takes a bit of practice to get it latched in the right place but does a decent job of keeping you in the seat including the upper torso.
Thanks, that's what I'd do before the harness and also when I co-drive my son's car.

I guess I might not mind doing that as much since I already slide the seat back/forward when I climb out/into my car anyway. In my few weeks of ownership I haven't settled on an entirely graceful way of getting in and out. I keep meaning to check if the lower back legs of my jeans have dirt from the door sills. :-)
Appreciate 0