E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Information Icons on Map View Question

05-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
teotaj
Rep
Drives: 2007 525i

Information Icons on Map View Question

Hi,

I apologize if this has already been answered but I had a question about Information icons on the map display. So i know they are icons reresenting the last information lookup I did like restaurant, bank, school etc... My question is why would I ever use that? I can't really select an icon from the map in atlas mode (scanning map with idrive contoller) or know the name of the place. No matter what it seems i need to go back into navigation - information - on location - restaurant and so on to see the list of what the icons represent.

Understanding when driving in sparsely populated places it would be more beneficial but being in LA anything i pick has multiple options, is there another use i'm missing?

Is there any way to select a destination from the icons on the map & know what it is? I know you can select the general area over the icon in atlas mode but then you have no idea where you're going?

Thanks,
Matt
Appreciate 0