E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Is this a good deal for 335 coupe USED?

05-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
kevinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Is this a good deal for 335 coupe USED?

My friend is selling me a 2007 335 coupe USED for $62,900(Canadian Dollars) that has ran 1,039km with everything listed below. IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

$62,900(Canadian Dollars) ran 1,039km

19" Star Spoke Alloy Wheels -
Comfort Access
CD Changer
Premium Package
Dakota Leather
Universal Garage Door Opener
Compass Mirror
Auto Dimming Mirror
Lumbar Support
Logic 7 Hi-Fi Sound System
6-Speed Automatic Transmission
Sport Steering Wheel with Shif
Sport Package
Sport Seats

Let me hear some opinions
Thanks in Advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Chi-town330
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i would look up the invoice price for this car new, and compare to that.

much of what you say above is standard or part of options package, but if I understand correctly, the car has the following options:

- Premium package
- Sport package
- Comfort access
- Steptronic transmission

and it has the following accessories:
- CD changer. are you sure about this? does the car have the single disk player inside the car (standard), or the 6-disk changer in the trunk (aftermarket accessory, not factory option)

- 19 inch rims (not sure how he/she got that, accessory or canadian option package? Can somebody else advise here?)

I suggest you look up canadian INVOICE pricing for this config, add destination fee, and see how it compares to his/her asking price. Post that back, and then I think a number of people can advise what a good deal would be in relation to the invoice pricing. just a suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Prodigy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town330 View Post
i would look up the invoice price for this car new, and compare to that.

much of what you say above is standard or part of options package, but if I understand correctly, the car has the following options:

- Premium package
- Sport package
- Comfort access
- Steptronic transmission

and it has the following accessories:
- CD changer. are you sure about this? does the car have the single disk player inside the car (standard), or the 6-disk changer in the trunk (aftermarket accessory, not factory option)

- 19 inch rims (not sure how he/she got that, accessory or canadian option package? Can somebody else advise here?)

I suggest you look up canadian INVOICE pricing for this config, add destination fee, and see how it compares to his/her asking price. Post that back, and then I think a number of people can advise what a good deal would be in relation to the invoice pricing. just a suggestion.

19 inch rims is a canadian/europe option only. I have these on my car... Style 230.
      05-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #4
tirana
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 6MT + F25 35i AT

IMO, not a bad price for a Canadian spec car with only 1000 kms (much better than a demo). It's essentially got the premium and sports packs. You can check the price online. Assuming it has flat paint (black, white or red), then the price before discount and taxes, destination charge (freight/PDI = about $1900), AC and other surcharges is currently $62,545. You won't have to pay 7% GST if its a private sale so you'll save that and about $2500 in other extra expenses. You should be able to wangle a 2-3% discount from a dealer so, all in all, I think you are saving about $4,000 to 5,000.

On the downside, the car isn't brand new and isn't necessarily to your perfect specs (colours, features, etc) but on the upside, you'd get it without waiting for about 5 months. But you have an almost new 328xi so you'll take a bath too in selling so soon....
Appreciate 0