E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Has the world become retarded??

12-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Has the world become retarded??

Just reading some of the threads of late ... seems to me that the world has indeed become retarded where you cant do or say anything without someone somewhere taking offence!

Ok - the racist rant on the tube was one thing, but the clarkson comment???

and now Apple is having to issue a statement about its views on abortion:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15982466

If you are DUMB enough to ask a fcuking computer for advice on abortion i think the answer is pretty clear as to how you should proceed!

(and yes... the word retarded in the subject is potentially inflammatory as well, then again in this day an age the word 'salt' would probably offend a whole ream of people and lead to demonstrations by both the pro and anti salt lobbies - both of course government funded so were prob alright as im posting this after 4pm so they will have gone home for the day )
      12-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

I like the response to talk dirty to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Yes!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Unison's Dave Prentice is cock of highest order re wanting Clarkson sacked

http://order-order.com/2011/08/10/da...tax-hypocrite/

Can't stand DC - but at least he got the fact he wasn't being serious!

Ed Milliband...like a little kid trying to guess the right answer to win favour.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I am suprised how everyone is reacting to a few racists comments. Far more problems in this world of Rapists, murderers and Peado's,

Lets deal with these CANTS first.
      12-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

It has been a highly charged few days.

Of course, that's what happens when a bunch of left wing shandy drinking PC fuckwits write the news and most of the population is too fucking stupid to read between the lines.

See what I did there?

Matt
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Just reading some of the threads of late ... seems to me that the world has indeed become retarded where you cant do or say anything without someone somewhere taking offence!

Ok - the racist rant on the tube was one thing, but the clarkson comment???

and now Apple is having to issue a statement about its views on abortion:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15982466

If you are DUMB enough to ask a fcuking computer for advice on abortion i think the answer is pretty clear as to how you should proceed!

(and yes... the word retarded in the subject is potentially inflammatory as well, then again in this day an age the word 'salt' would probably offend a whole ream of people and lead to demonstrations by both the pro and anti salt lobbies - both of course government funded so were prob alright as im posting this after 4pm so they will have gone home for the day )
Same problem across the pond...that would be "mentally challenged" in the colonies...LOL

OBTW, what DID Jeremy say? Inquiring minds want to know...

Don't get me started, we have the ebony and ivory debate, or "salt"... and "pepper" thang! HAHAHA

Life is too short to worry about the petty, retarded things foisted upon us. Enjoy the fact that you can choose to ignore all that crazy shite when you wake up in the morning...after a great night of karaoke carousing at the Snooty Fox pub in Lowick...following a round of golf at Lakeside Lodge in Pidley!

Off topic: isn't that what pubs are for?

Cheers!

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570

Last edited by flip4335; 12-01-2011 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

@ Matt
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #9
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

I think somebody needs a hug.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
jonl1983
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F12 640d M Sport

Freedom of speech is now a joke, you can't say fuck all in this country anymore without the PC brigade jumping all over it.

Political correctness and human rights act have screwed this country up
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #11
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonl1983 View Post
Freedom of speech is now a joke, you can't say fuck all in this country anymore without the PC brigade jumping all over it.

shouldnt that be the EU?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #12
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

This Jeremy Clarkson thing is annoying me now. People are so sensitive. A. It was a joke, and B. even if it was in bad taste he's just a man saying something - just ignore him. It's not Like he's the leader in a repressive dictatorship and can actually arrange the shootings!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #13
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
This Jeremy Clarkson thing is annoying me now. People are so sensitive. A. It was a joke, and B. even if it was in bad taste he's just a man saying something - just ignore him. It's not Like he's the leader in a repressive dictatorship and can actually arrange the shootings!
Its all spin mate, he has a new DVD out for xmas. He does it all the time, some would say he's a cock, but he's a very clever one!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #14
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Did people even listen to the whole interview where JC actually said he liked the strikes ... and only said the shooting bit to give a 'balanced BBc opinion'.

23000 complaints... benefits of public service they got time to fuck about complaining about random shit then actually working!

Think there should be a forum for people to sign upto to agree with clarkson and shut those 23000 up.

(as if the BBC would sack clarkson anyway ...the amount of revenue Top Gear generates from sales worldwide they know if he left he would take the other 2 with him and just goto another channel and do even better)
      12-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #15
jonl1983
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F12 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
Quote:

shouldnt that be the EU?
True
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:20 AM   #16
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:

Freedom of speech?

You might like this posting from Richard Murphy (a well known leftie economist)

Last summer two youths said on Facebook that they and others should meet up to loot a shop.

They never did loot.

No one else met them.

They went to prison. For a considerable period.

Jeremy Clarkson on Tuesday said on national television that strikers should be shot in front of their families.

So far he hasn’t been arrested, let alone charged with inciting the murder of 2 million people.

Who committed the bigger crime? Clarkson, by far.

Why has he got away with it? Because he’s a mate of the Prime Minister who said it was just ‘silly’.

Like the Bullingdon rioting, I guess?

This is a divided society. Clarkson reminds us that is so. And why we have to stop it. I remain of the view he should now be under arrest and that a case should be taken with all haste to bring him to justice. Because I don’t think he was being silly. I think he was inciting violence. Deliberately. And for his own political ends, and those of his mate, David Cameron.

Welcome to the Nasty Party. They gave themselves the name. And it fits, perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:33 AM   #17
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
The two youths 'invited' people to join in.
Clarkson just stated, in jest, his own opinion*.

Argh, I'm getting dragged in...

* caveat, that's what I recall Clarkson saying in the video clip
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:35 AM   #18
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

I've not seen any evidence that people who 'jokingly' suggested looting have been arrested. A woman in Wakefield has literally just been let off with the same last week.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but in legal terms surely one or the other crime is a precedent for the other and either the lads could now appeal and be freed or the Wakefield woman should go down.

I don't believe everything I read when it comes to political puppet claims - they never scratch the surface and only ever quote convenient headlines that catch the imagination of whatever their target audience is. For example, were those two lads ACTUALLY formerly convicted of multiple crimes and therefore likely were NOT joking.... Has Clarkson ever ACTUALLY incited people to violence, or does he have a history of making joking comments?

I can see some unjustice in what you're saying, but it's not REALLY anything to do with Clarkson or the legal system. A right wing evangelist would no doubt be able to tell you about a number of crimes which occurred under labours soft regime and were committed by the non-working subclass scumbags that Blair created, and how they were not punished.... Would it be true? Probably partly, but that's nothing to do with this either.

Matt

Last edited by RagingKileak; 12-02-2011 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:43 AM   #19
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd1963 View Post
Because I don’t think he was being silly.
Of course he was - it's quite evident form the tone and manner in which he said it - watch the video.

Had people not all histrionically reacted to this nobody would even have noticed. Instead by bringing it to everyone's attention through his over-reaction Dave Prentice has made it very public - and in the process made everyone very aware that there is a lot of public opinion that is NOT supportive of these public sector workers going on strike. Jolly counter - productive I would say.

I am sure most people would say it is very hard and very unfair that public sector workers should have their pensions affected. However there is a huge public deficit and the private sector, who have had their pensions decimated in recent years, cannot go on paying for public sector pensions.

Moreover they are all going on stroke before meaningful negotiations have taken place. These union leaders should get themselves out of the dark ages and stop spoiling for a fight.

Something has to be done to deal with the deficit or we will all be fucked. That's a fact and it is not the current government's fault that that's the case.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #20
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I've not seen any evidence that people who 'jokingly' suggested looting have been arrested. A woman in Wakefield has literally just been let off with the same last week.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but in legal terms surely one or the other crime is a precedent for the other and either the lads could now appeal and be freed or the Wakefield woman should go down.

I don't believe everything I read when it comes to political puppet claims - they never scratch the surface and only ever quote convenient headlines that catch the imagination of whatever their target audience is. For example, were those two lads ACTUALLY formerly convicted of multiple crimes and therefore likely were NOT joking.... Has Clarkson ever ACTUALLY incited people to violence, or does he have a history of making joking comments?

I can see some unjustice in what you're saying, but it's not REALLY anything to do with Clarkson or the legal system. A right wing evangelist would no doubt be able to tell you about a number of crimes which occurred under labours soft regime and were committed by the non-working subclass scumbags that Blair created, and how they were not punished.... Would it be true? Probably partly, but that's nothing to do with this either.

Matt
I am not saying that I agree with everything in Richard Murphy's post I just wanted to present another point of view.

If experience has taught me anything it is that I am rarely right about things and should always consider other opinions. Oh yes and beer makes you fat!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:47 AM   #21
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcampbell View Post
Something has to be done to deal with the deficit or we will all be fucked. That's a fact and it is not the current government's fault that that's the case.

12-02-2011, 04:57 AM   #22
Boyd1963
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcampbell View Post
However there is a huge public deficit and the private sector, who have had their pensions decimated in recent years, cannot go on paying for public sector pensions.
As somebody who lost 15 years of pension contributions when Equitable Life went bust I feel that I am in a good position to comment on just how crap private sectors pensions are compared to public sector. It is understandable that there is little or no sympathy for the public sectors strikes but quoting Richard Murphy again are you aware that not only are we paying for public sector pensions but also private sectors pensions? I have quoted this statistic before and been shot down but I have no reason to believe that it is false.

According to Richard Murphy the private pension industry pays out less money than it receives from the tax free allowance on pension contributions. The rest presumably goes on City salaries and bonuses.

Over to Roger who knows much more about this sh*t than I do.
Appreciate 0