E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Procede DME Boost Logging....

12-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
MJR63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive Sedan

Garage List
Procede DME Boost Logging....

Does anyone know if the DME registers the actual boost the car is producing from the Procede? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about getting the new P3 integrated vent gauge. The new P3 plugs directly into the CANBUS to pull all the live engine data and I'm wondering if the Procede is intercepting those signals and not registering them in the DME. What about other pieces of engine data?

http://www.p3cars.com/catalog/335/

Thoughts?
2011 335 X-Drive E90 MTECH 6MT • AST4100's • Vishnu 3.5" DP • Helix FMIC • Procede V5 • M3 Strut Brace • M3 Trunk Lip • LUX H8 • 19" Alufelgen SF-71: 8.5' front, 9.5' rear • Continental ExtremeContact DW Tires
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
Does anyone know if the DME registers the actual boost the car is producing from the Procede? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about getting the new P3 integrated vent gauge. The new P3 plugs directly into the CANBUS to pull all the live engine data and I'm wondering if the Procede is intercepting those signals and not registering them in the DME. What about other pieces of engine data?

http://www.p3cars.com/catalog/335/

Thoughts?
The boost gauge will sees the same boost the DME sees, which is stock boost. Signal is intercepted by the Procede. I suggest you set the boost on the fuel gauge (gauge hijack) and use the P3 for another data, I like IAT. You can also tap the charge pipe and use the analog true boost like n54 guys does.

I do highly recommend you the P3, I do like mine very much, its awesome.
Appreciate 0