ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #1
msh441
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
New TiAg Z4M coupe owner up north...

Just took delivery of my new-to-me 2007 Titanium Silver/Black Nappa Leather/Carbon Leather Z4M Coupe up north in Mount Vernon.

It replaced a 2007 MINI JCW wih a bunch of Alta goodies. I needed a change, so I decided to take advantage of a soft sports car market during a time where the MINI really held its value (perceived a an economical car, ad all). The only cars that ever swayed me away from the Little MINI were the Z4M Coupe and the 1 Series M Coupe... but I didn\'t think, until recently, that I\'d ever get a shot at owning either one. I feel very fortunate to have found one in terrific condition for a great price.

Having trouble sleeping now. Want to go wash it (it\'s raining), want to go drive it (it\'s midnight and has no plates on it, yet). Not sure how to stop looking out the window.

Its a Florida car where the owner was a recent Chicago transplant. It had 26k miles and the interior and body are 99.9% with the only real issue I need to address being some minor fang damage (sounds like a common thread, so I\'m not too worried).

Otherwise it\'s a pristine car with full service records and every option but heated seats (something I\'m determine to add).

Can\'t wait to detail it up to my standards.

Can\'t wait for daybreak!

Doubtful it\'ll be easy to sleep tonight, though. Very happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
Loogey Clapp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new addition. I bet you can't wait for a nice day to take it up Chuckanut Drive. That's one of my favorite afternoon trips then late lunch in B'ham and back down Chuckanut.
      12-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
jmillet
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 6 SEL AWD

Garage List
WELCOME to the NW COUPE GROUPE

Welcome to the NW Z4M Coupe Groupe.
Your first modification should be the driver and the second is remove the CDV.
If you're interested in doing HPDS events you can run with the Porsche or the Alfa Club as well as the local BMW Club. You can also do their low speed Car Control Clinic.
Send me an email at jsmillet at gmail.com and I'll send you a detailed tool list specific to your E86 Z4MC as well as a list of torque specs.
BTW the most informative forum is Bimmerfest; visit the Z4 FAQ page first.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
The BMW CCA Puget Sound Region BB is also a good source for local information:
http://bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/index.php
Join us for the End of Year BMW Club Lunch on Tuesday, December 27 at Triple-XXX in Issaquah

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Congratulations! And +1 on modding the driver! It's the best way to get the most out of the car, have fun, and be a better and safer driver.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
msh441
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
All excellent points. Thank you guys.

The CDV is going to be my first mod... but I consider it more of a "fix" than anything. 1st-to-2nd is unforgiving. There's a learning curve to this car, but that's actually why I bought it. It's a challenging drive.

I absolutely plan on doing some of the performance driving days and I've done a few with the MINI through Pro Formance. I've done another seven or eight days over the last dozen years on either my Triumph motorcycle, or one of the Ducs.

I've joined the BMWCCA and the Puget sound club, wih that. My dad's been a member for a number of years now and has a big 535 Touring which he's set up nicely. He just bought a newer 3 series for my step-mom, so we're quickly becoming a BMW family, as I see the writin on the wall as my wife's Volvo S70 is nearing the end of its service life for us.

The Z4MC has been a hoot the last couple days. Got it cleaned up a bit... but it needs a real detailing to get it up to my standards. A little time with some Leatherique and my clay bar this next weekend (waiting for my Griots order to arrive).

The dynamics are so strange and take some getting used to. Seems like the pivot point on the car is near the dash, versus behind the drivers seat... So it's an odd feeling when the car rotates and your hanging over the rear axel. Also, the traction control is fairly aggressive when it kicks in and snaps the car back with a bite. The fresh rubber in the garage should help a bit. Just a wild ride. The car does not suffer fools gladly (again, one big reason I was attracted to this car).

I'm really looking forward to doing the valves in the next six months. Really looks like a piece of cake compared to bikes I've been working on. Definately interested in club tech sessions, as I fully intend to self maintain as much as possible.

Fresh battery tomorrow and I'm likley going to have a couple small cosmetic issues addressed (two minor wheel dings and curb rash on the from bumper cover).

Sorry... Rambling now. I'll wrap it up.

I will definately be at the XXX later this month.

Last edited by msh441; 12-05-2011 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0