E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > WED MAY 23: Willow Springs High Perf. Driving Clinic

05-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
jon@themshop
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

WED MAY 23: Willow Springs High Perf. Driving Clinic

SPECIAL $295 - REGISTER BY FRIDAY MAY 18!

Dear Auto Enthusiast:

The Motorsports Club and evosport invite you to a fun-filled high performance driving clinic at Willow Springs International Raceway (the BIG track), on Wednesday, May 23, 2007. For those who have attended one of our many events in the past, you know the combination of instruction, track time, food, weather and amazing assortment of machinery just can't be beat...anywhere!! For those of you who did not make our last event, now is your chance to see what you've been missing!!

These special events include:
- A very exhilarating yet safe environment (with this being an educational driving instruction event with no timing, your street car
may well be covered by your insurance company while on the track - but, check to be sure as insurance company policies and practices do vary)

- As one regular participant put it "the most fun you can have with your clothes on!"

- A limited number of cars (total participation is typically limited to approx. 20-25 cars) to maximize track time and ensure
availability of instructors for those who want/need them

- More track time in one (1) day than most other events provide in two days - plus you won't have an overnight motel cost either!

- One-on-one professional on- and off-track driving instruction for those who want/need it (conducted by experienced instructors and racers)

- Separate track sessions for experienced and inexperienced drivers to maximize the fun-factor and safety of both groups

- Controlled "fun races" for those who want to participate (typically 4-6 lap "races" to provide real wheel-to-wheel racing for
those experienced drivers craving a taste of the "next level")

And if that weren't enough, your entry fee also includes:
- A breakfast upon arrival (typically juices, fruits, breads, pastries, etc.)
- A gourmet catered lunch that you won't believe (typically ribs, steak, chicken, sausages, veggies, pasta, slaws, etc.)

Anyone who HAS been to one of our events will tell you they are awesome - great fun on and off the track. But be warned, this track stuff can become an addiction!

As providers of the professional driving instruction for Motorsports Club events, Evosport has also negotiated very attractive pricing incentives for our "favored customers" (that's you). With advance reservation and pre-payment, we can provide a substantial discount off the typical rates charged for these events (typically $595-$895). We are offering this event for ONLY $295 for the day when you register AND pre-pay by FRIDAY MAY 18 (registration after that is $495). This includes track time, instruction on/off track, breakfast and lunch! In addition, you may bring one guest with you to spectate and endulge in breakfast and lunch (additional cost of $30 fee per guest for breakfast/lunch).

First question usually asked by first-time attendees: "Other than my car, what will I need at the track?" For safety purposes, approved auto racing helmets (SNELL 95 or newer) are required for all drivers and passengers on the track at all times. However, for those of you who may not have helmets, we will have several loaners at the track to borrow (advance reservation of such is strongly recommended as the number available is obviously limited). Although additional racing apparel is certainly advisable, it is not required. At the minimum, pants and closed-toe shoes. If you need more info about personal or vehicle preparation, feel free to contact me or we can further discuss it at the event.

Bottom line, we are confident you will be as excited about participating in these track events as we are providing them for you!
This event will fill quickly and you need to register and pre-pay to take advantage of the discounted pricing. So if you haven't signed up yet, don't delay! For more information, please email us at driving@evosport.com or call me toll-free at 888.520.9971 x60. Hope to hear from each of you soon!

PS- Feel free to pass this on to people you know who may be interested.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
lmao!!! my wife is going to kill me!!! this will be my 3rd track day there this month... Im going to be broke soon..

I raced prokart challenge on fri/sat 11/12

theres a local club race on sunday 20th

and YES i want to come race my car too on the 23th

WOW shes going to kill me
      05-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #3
jon@themshop
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
lmao!!! my wife is going to kill me!!! this will be my 3rd track day there this month... Im going to be broke soon..

I raced prokart challenge on fri/sat 11/12

theres a local club race on sunday 20th

and YES i want to come race my car too on the 23th

WOW shes going to kill me
Awesome! Yeah with the Beverly Hills Motorsport club you can get up to 6 hours of track time in one day.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
where do i sign up jon?
      05-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #5
jon@themshop
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
where do i sign up jon?
For more information, please email us at driving@evosport.com or call me toll-free at 888.520.9971 x60. Ask for Simon!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@themshop View Post
For more information, please email us at driving@evosport.com or call me toll-free at 888.520.9971 x60. Ask for Simon!
ok i emailed them so well see what up! where did u see this at??
      05-16-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
jon@themshop
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ok i emailed them so well see what up! where did u see this at??
I am a dealer for Evosport so they send me these invites via email.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
I am a dealer for Evosport so they send me these invites via email.
ahhh very nice!! yes im signing up SIGN UP too
      05-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #9
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
SPECIAL $295 - REGISTER BY FRIDAY MAY 18!

Dear Auto Enthusiast:

The Motorsports Club and evosport invite you to a fun-filled high performance driving clinic at Willow Springs International Raceway (the BIG track), on Wednesday, May 23, 2007. For those who have attended one of our many events in the past, you know the combination of instruction, track time, food, weather and amazing assortment of machinery just can't be beat...anywhere!! For those of you who did not make our last event, now is your chance to see what you've been missing!!

These special events include:
- A very exhilarating yet safe environment (with this being an educational driving instruction event with no timing, your street car
may well be covered by your insurance company while on the track - but, check to be sure as insurance company policies and practices do vary)

- As one regular participant put it "the most fun you can have with your clothes on!"

- A limited number of cars (total participation is typically limited to approx. 20-25 cars) to maximize track time and ensure
availability of instructors for those who want/need them

- More track time in one (1) day than most other events provide in two days - plus you won't have an overnight motel cost either!

- One-on-one professional on- and off-track driving instruction for those who want/need it (conducted by experienced instructors and racers)

- Separate track sessions for experienced and inexperienced drivers to maximize the fun-factor and safety of both groups

- Controlled "fun races" for those who want to participate (typically 4-6 lap "races" to provide real wheel-to-wheel racing for
those experienced drivers craving a taste of the "next level")

And if that weren't enough, your entry fee also includes:
- A breakfast upon arrival (typically juices, fruits, breads, pastries, etc.)
- A gourmet catered lunch that you won't believe (typically ribs, steak, chicken, sausages, veggies, pasta, slaws, etc.)

Anyone who HAS been to one of our events will tell you they are awesome - great fun on and off the track. But be warned, this track stuff can become an addiction!

As providers of the professional driving instruction for Motorsports Club events, Evosport has also negotiated very attractive pricing incentives for our "favored customers" (that's you). With advance reservation and pre-payment, we can provide a substantial discount off the typical rates charged for these events (typically $595-$895). We are offering this event for ONLY $295 for the day when you register AND pre-pay by FRIDAY MAY 18 (registration after that is $495). This includes track time, instruction on/off track, breakfast and lunch! In addition, you may bring one guest with you to spectate and endulge in breakfast and lunch (additional cost of $30 fee per guest for breakfast/lunch).

First question usually asked by first-time attendees: "Other than my car, what will I need at the track?" For safety purposes, approved auto racing helmets (SNELL 95 or newer) are required for all drivers and passengers on the track at all times. However, for those of you who may not have helmets, we will have several loaners at the track to borrow (advance reservation of such is strongly recommended as the number available is obviously limited). Although additional racing apparel is certainly advisable, it is not required. At the minimum, pants and closed-toe shoes. If you need more info about personal or vehicle preparation, feel free to contact me or we can further discuss it at the event.

Bottom line, we are confident you will be as excited about participating in these track events as we are providing them for you!
This event will fill quickly and you need to register and pre-pay to take advantage of the discounted pricing. So if you haven't signed up yet, don't delay! For more information, please email us at driving@evosport.com or call me toll-free at 888.520.9971 x60. Hope to hear from each of you soon!

PS- Feel free to pass this on to people you know who may be interested.
I use to teach with Nasa soCal with Brad O from Evosport. Top notch guy. This was several years ago at Buttonwillow.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
kujo
Major
Rep

Damn, wish I had a fuel pump, I'd be there testing out the new LSD....

boo hoo..... :mad:

BMW makes me wanna
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #11
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

if anyone needs some pointers at the willow springs track, i can help out i have raced there before. i won in the Formula Renault there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #12
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
SCHEER your nuts... damb thats sick!!!

Last edited by ADHD; 05-22-2007 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #13
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
anyone else going?

ill be there in the morning..im about to run to walmart for painters tape. lol
      05-24-2007, 02:35 AM   #14
kujo
Major
Rep

How was it T ?
Wished I could have joined you.
3-5 more weeks on the fule pump though.

kj
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #15
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScheerSpeed View Post
if anyone needs some pointers at the willow springs track, i can help out i have raced there before. i won in the Formula Renault there.

Betcha turn 8 was fun in that...I keep going .."where the heck is the end of the pavement...?" My friend decided to re-adjust my removable steering wheel on my Spec Miata coming out of turn #9..at 90? Took him to the end of the straight to get it back on..just in time..a Radical was just catching up.

I gotta be honest...Willow Springs..the big track is kinda boring as tracks go. My favorite is Laguna...second favorite is Thunderhill (learned there). Sears Point has too many walls to hit..but still fun..just dont go there in November with the Audi club...usually raining.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #16
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
ahh, and you forget Vegas! Love the outside track because its very tight and big engines can't get away with just having more power. All about the driver there. Plus hey, its VEGAS!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #17
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 ZSP

vegas!! I gotta try that track out then. The track is near the stateline right?