E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Poor customer service rant

12-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #1
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Poor customer service rant

This won't be the first time that mytyres/delti have had a less than favourable report on here, but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired

I should have learnt my lesson having tried to deal with them on a previous occasion when I attempted to purchase winter tyres on a credit card. Once the transaction had gone through and the full amount was showing as an ‘outstanding transaction’ on my credit card, they contacted me asking to pay 50% upfront. This would not have been an issue if I’d known about it at the time of order, but I was very dubious about this practice – especially when it is impossible to speak to someone who’s first language is English and cannot either understand what you are trying to tell them or are able to convey a response. This is not a race issue; it’s a customer service issue.

So, I foolishly went on to order a set of rear tyres (back in July). They now accept PayPal, so I’d assumed that there would be no payment issues. There weren’t, but that’s when their incompetence really started to shine through.

The (much abridged) sequence of events goes a bit like this:

1) Order placed, money taken
2) No delivery date offered
3) Delivery chased, advised (probably) the next week
4) Then advised no stock, no delivery date. Offered Dunlops as an alternative
5) Order cancelled, refund requested
6) Refund given
7) Tyres delivered

There was much email communication throughout this, with the resulting outcome that I have approximately £400 worth of tyres that I’ve not paid for. They then ask for payment to be made to their bank account, but don’t give any details

At this stage, I point out their customer service faults and request a response. This was 21st July.

On the 28th November I get an outstanding amount reminder, accompanied by a late payment charge (£5 – not a lot, but that’s not the point). Again I request a response to my original compliant.

From then until now, I get pretty much the same email from 7 different contacts. Each time I request that they respond to my original complaint, which they never do.

Now, I could just give in and pay them or have them collect the tyres (they’ve been sat in the garage since July), but I know that as soon as this takes place, the chance of getting a satisfactory response is nil.

While I realise that I have I may have been (just a bit!) pedantic with them, all I’ve been after is some acknowledgement and recognition of my complaint. It’s not about trying to get something for nothing (I won’t pay them the full price, but they can come collect them), it’s about making them realise that the way they conduct their business is not acceptable (to me anyway).

I’m now at the stage where I give them two options: I pay them a reduced amount to compensate me for the hassle of trying to deal with them or they collect the tyres and I contact trading standards/consumer direct etc.

Is this the right thing to do, or should I continue to be at loggerheads with them?

I realise I may be being a bit of a dick, but one thing that I won’t do is roll over and accept poor customer service with complete ignorance of my requests for acknowledgement of a complaint.

Rant over.
      12-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post

1) Order placed, money taken
2) No delivery date offered
3) Delivery chased, advised (probably) the next week
4) Then advised no stock, no delivery date. Offered Dunlops as an alternative
5) Order cancelled, refund requested
6) Refund given
7) Tyres delivered

they collect the tyres and I contact trading standards/consumer direct etc.
I'd ask they collect the cancelled order at your convenience, by appt only.

Give them a reasonable amount of time (30 days) to come and collect the tyres,if they fail to collect you will dispose of them how you see fit.

No doubt I'll be seeing them in the Classifieds section sometime in Jan 2012, the drinks cabinet will need restocking by then.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I'd ask they collect the cancelled order at your convenience, by appt only.

Give them a reasonable amount of time (30 days) to come and collect the tyres,if they fail to collect you will dispose of them how you see fit.

No doubt I'll be seeing them in the Classifieds section sometime in Jan 2012, the drinks cabinet will need restocking by then.
Any collection will definitely be at my convenience Ian

In any event, these won't be up for sale - I'll need some new summer rubber when I take the winters back off
      12-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

I had a similar experience last year.

It wouldn't accept any form of payment, in the end despite trying everything i had to do a bank transfer which i wasn't keen on doing.

By that time the prices had gone up and they wouldn't sell to me at the previous price.

Their phone support was wank and it was a lottery as to the help you would receive. Eventually i did get it sorted and the tyres were still the cheapest and in stock for my size.

If i could have bought them elsewhere in stock, i would.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

lol... I've heard this rant about 4 times over the past few months!!

I think you should continue as you are mate, no doubt you will have to give them SOMETHING back I expect (as they obviously haven't forgotten about it) but I would make sure it was as difficult as possible, and I would be asking for an apology etc!

Regards
Matt
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

As your transaction was cancelled and a refund issued, technically you didn't order these. You've offered them back but they have refused to collect them from you and then proceeded to harass you for payment. I'd seek some professional advice on what to do.
Also, what if you had no garage? You might have had to pay for storage too.

Edited to add: Just a thought, but do you have any proof of payment from when you paid originally? Just say you've paid and see if they pick up on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
but I would make sure it was as difficult as possible, and I would be asking for an apology etc!
I'm certainly not making it easy for them I have asked them now ten times to address my complaint - ten times they have ignored me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
As your transaction was cancelled and a refund issued, technically you didn't order these. You've offered them back but they have refused to collect them from you and then proceeded to harass you for payment. I'd seek some professional advice on what to do.
Also, what if you had no garage? You might have had to pay for storage too.

Edited to add: Just a thought, but do you have any proof of payment from when you paid originally? Just say you've paid and see if they pick up on it.
I haven't actually offered them back, so they haven't refused to collect them!

They're quite aware that I've paid, that they've refunded and I still have the tyres. My whole issue with this is that if I pay for the tyres, or they collect them, they will not engage with any communication regarding my complaint.
      12-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
basterds!

Tell them they have 14 days to collect the tyres at a specific day/ time...otherwise, the tyres are yours forever and they can piss off...

show them the big guns Ed!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Write them a nice letter charging them storage at a daily rate until collection. When that charge reaches 25% of the value of the goods, dispose of them as you see fit.
Appreciate 0