E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW badge

12-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

BMW badge

Hi

does anyone know what the size is for the BMW front bonnet badge and rear badge? (e92 coupe 2008)

The laquer on mine seems to be flaking as water has gone underneath and is not looking good. how are these stuck on and how would I get them off?

Ive seen a few in black and white/carbon effect on ebay, can anyone reccomend a place to get them from?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 msport

Changed mine recently the bonnet was 82mm and the boot was 78mm. They can be tough to remove. They just prise up i taped up around badge to cover paint work and used plastic panel removing tool to prise it up worked a treat.The carbon fibre badges look the part on a dark car.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by macck View Post
Changed mine recently the bonnet was 82mm and the boot was 78mm. They can be tough to remove. They just prise up i taped up around badge to cover paint work and used plastic panel removing tool to prise it up worked a treat.The carbon fibre badges look the part on a dark car.
thanks for that, what did you use to stick the new ones back on? did you buy yours off ebay? (any particular shop?)

btw would you say the carbon fibre looks better than the standard black one or vice versa?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
spodoinklehorse
T.B.C.
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 06 LeMans Blue 320D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
Hi

does anyone know what the size is for the BMW front bonnet badge and rear badge? (e92 coupe 2008)

The laquer on mine seems to be flaking as water has gone underneath and is not looking good. how are these stuck on and how would I get them off?

Ive seen a few in black and white/carbon effect on ebay, can anyone reccomend a place to get them from?

I havent done it myself but I have read somewhere on the forum floss is perfect for removing badges
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
macck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
thanks for that, what did you use to stick the new ones back on? did you buy yours off ebay? (any particular shop?)

btw would you say the carbon fibre looks better than the standard black one or vice versa?
Sry checked and cant find the shop i purchased from on ebay. There are different types on fleabay make sure they they are real carbon with the cover being beveled . My car is black and it made a big difference to the front of it . On the back of the badges there are two locating dials which go into two holes the hardest bit is getting that initial seal broke just be very careful.I put a small dab of silicon on the back of them when reinstalling.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Assume it's not covered by warranty now? They would be replaced.
Appreciate 0