E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Wanted E90 M3!!!

Closed Thread

12-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black BMW M4

Wanted E90 M3!!!

Hi all. I am looking for an E90 M3 Saloon.

Absolute Requirements:

E90 M3 Saloon
Facelift Model(Newer LED lights at rear, 58 model onwards)
Black(preferably Black Sapphire or Jet Black but Jerez Black OK)
DCT

Preferences:

EDC
Comfort Access
Sunroof
Heated front seats
Black Leather seats

I am a serious private buyer, and I am willing to pay more than trade price! I don't want to get robbed by traders and I am sure lots of you out there don't want to lose out to these stealers either! Let's help each other! So if you have what I am looking for and want to sell now or are close to selling I would be interested to hear from you!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

I would hope you would pay more than trade price since the difference between trade price and private sale is significant.

You would have to be hopeful to pick up anything near trade price.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I would hope you would pay more than trade price since the difference between trade price and private sale is significant.

You would have to be hopeful to pick up anything near trade price.
What are you on about. Got bored did you? You're well off mark here with your comments. This forum is for private buyers and sellers and if I can help myself and at the same time help someone else to sell their car for a FAIR price then I think this forum has done its job. I put out a simple genuine tentative request and this bothers you. You sound like a trader pissed off with my comments. Anyway thank you for your concerns and really you don't need to worry about how much more than or close to trade I should hope to pay. Honest, my intentions are sincere!!! I thought my thread was simple and easy to understand, obviously not! I'll spell it out for you. I'll pay a good price and well over trade! So there!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snawaz View Post
What are you on about. Got bored did you? You're well off mark here with your comments. This forum is for private buyers and sellers and if I can help myself and at the same time help someone else to sell their car for a FAIR price then I think this forum has done its job. I put out a simple genuine tentative request and this bothers you. You sound like a trader pissed off with my comments. Anyway thank you for your concerns and really you don't need to worry about how much more than or close to trade I should hope to pay. Honest, my intentions are sincere!!! I thought my thread was simple and easy to understand, obviously not! I'll spell it out for you. I'll pay a good price and well over trade! So there!
Love that post. You say I'm well off the mark and follow it with silly unfounded and completely wrong conclusions. Black, kettle, pot, calling or something like that?

I was just trying to offer the advice since too many people seem to banding about silly low ball trade prices that are completely unrealistic with no chance of anyone coming that low.

You have advertised as a private buyer then bring into the equation trade price.

Trade price has got nothing to do with the private sale valuation of a car and the fact you feel the need to draw attention to the fact you "willing pay more than trade price", kind of reads you are hopeful of nearer trade price than real private price.

I'm pretty sure every M3 owner on this site read this and thought right away, "no chance".

Maybe if you put a figure you had in mind, or maybe even put you will pay a fair price, but simply putting "willing to pay above trade price" will be an instant deal killer for all.

Not sure why you have got your knickers in a twist when I was making a very simple and fair observation.

No need to post like a smartarse wideboy.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

I see you have pretty much the same post over on the M3 site too, with zero response and now bumping it with please and appearing very eager.

Like I said here on my post, you are not going to pull my interest with the advertisement reading as it does.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
chesney72
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: JB4 G5 335i Sport Touring

Quote:
Trade price has got nothing to do with the private sale valuation of a car and the fact you feel the need to draw attention to the fact you "willing pay more than trade price", kind of reads you are hopeful of nearer trade price than real private price.
I can understand what the OP is trying to say. Before the 335i I had an RS6 avant and had been trying to sell privately without much success as it was modified and needed a certain type of buyer. I knew the trade price I could get and after I found the 335i I wanted I offered it up for a decent offer above trade just to save loosing too much.

I got a decent offer in between, haggled up a little, and like the OP is saying both I and the buyer had middle ground and were happy. Obviously its in the favour of the buyer but mine went via the owners club to an enthusiast who still owns and cheirshes it and thats the kind of people I'm happy to deal with.

There will prob be an M3 owner in similar position at some point and like me might be happy to do a deal. I would be careful with the offers though cos there is low and there is taking the ****. needs to be enough to make it worth the extra hassle over the likes of a drive up, trade in, drive off deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I see you have pretty much the same post over on the M3 site too, with zero response and now bumping it with please and appearing very eager.

Like I said here on my post, you are not going to pull my interest with the advertisement reading as it does.
Can you please stop hijacking this thread.

You have made so many assumptions with your unnecessary posts. You sir are a complete arsehole! Thanks for trying to hijack this post, but i'm sure most people will see right through your comments. Have you never seen a thread asking to buy a car. I never asked for your brand of interest. Good luck the day you come to sell your car(on your car lot by the sounds of things).

In the mean time any serious sellers bring it on. Good money waiting for the right car!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Can you please stop hijacking this thread.

You have made so many assumptions with your unnecessary posts. You sir are a complete arsehole! Thanks for trying to hijack this post, but i'm sure most people will see right through your comments. Have you never seen a thread asking to buy a car. I never asked for your brand of interest. Good luck the day you come to sell your car(on your car lot by the sounds of things).

In the mean time any serious sellers bring it on. Good money waiting for the right car!
Sigh.

I'm not going to lower myself to your standard.

I'm pretty sure most people have read it exactly as I have. But best of luck.

Just no need for the serious attitude problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sigh.

I'm not going to lower myself to your standard.

I'm pretty sure most people have read it exactly as I have. But best of luck.

Just no need for the serious attitude problem.
Every need when you have tried to hijack and spoil my thread "Mr I have no morals Trader, upset that someone wants a bargain and won't be coming to your lot to buy instead."

If you are a trader, know this that I stopped buying from car lot traders some 20 years ago. Biggest thieves around!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #10
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Every need when you have tried to hijack and spoil my thread "Mr I have no morals Trader, upset that someone wants a bargain and won't be coming to your lot to buy instead."

If you are a trader, know this that I stopped buying from car lot traders some 20 years ago. Biggest thieves around!
How can you assume I'm a trader? I've got over 1100 posts and find one that would back up your theory.

I didn't spoil your thread. I merely made a little fair point and what you posted before you spat the dummy out branching into all sorts of wrong conclusions before diving into childish name calling.
I think you've kind of killed it. The original post does read out low ball offer and your attitude stinks. Two good reasons why people will walk away.

But anyways, best of luck here or anywhere else you advertised. I've not killed them and there is no interested sellers in the time when people are apparently desperate to sell.

I apologise my simple and fair post seems to have caused you so much trouble.

I'm sure it will have little bearing on who sells their M3.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
snawaz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
How can you assume I'm a trader? I've got over 1100 posts and find one that would back up your theory.

I didn't spoil your thread. I merely made a little fair point and what you posted before you spat the dummy out branching into all sorts of wrong conclusions before diving into childish name calling.
I think you've kind of killed it. The original post does read out low ball offer and your attitude stinks. Two good reasons why people will walk away.

But anyways, best of luck here or anywhere else you advertised. I've not killed them and there is no interested sellers in the time when people are apparently desperate to sell.

I apologise my simple and fair post seems to have caused you so much trouble.

I'm sure it will have little bearing on who sells their M3.
Go away Traderboy!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #12
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
      12-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #13
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
As this seems to be a thread for jumping to the wrong conclusions !

Can I assume that the OP's repeated use of the word "lot" (as in car lot), indicates the OP has American roots ??
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #14
Team Green2
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I M Sport

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
+1
      12-21-2011, 05:03 AM   #15
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
This!
      12-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #16
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:

I didn't spoil your thread.
You did.

Every thread in the classifieds gets turned into a bloody argument. Very tedious.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #17
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
You did.

Every thread in the classifieds gets turned into a bloody argument. Very tedious.
My first point was exactly that. A fair point.

The guy has been searching for quite a while and not getting anywhere.

Simply posting willing to pay above trade price is not going to have sellers knock down your door, which was my point.

I can't honestly see the op is so offended with the obvious stated.

If anyone is desperate enough to sell their car, do you think they would care what's written here?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #18
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
My first point was exactly that. A fair point.
Wrong. This is a classifieds section, not general chat/conversation.

He didn't ask for your opinion, he asked for anyone selling to get in touch.

Just because you dont agree with a seller or buyers words/pricing doesn't give you the right to wade in.

Leave it.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #19
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
Wrong. This is a classifieds section, not general chat/conversation.

He didn't ask for your opinion, he asked for anyone selling to get in touch.

Just because you dont agree with a seller or buyers words/pricing doesn't give you the right to wade in.

Leave it.
I was not my intention to "wade in".

I don't bash for sale adverts saying your car is crap or not worth xxxx as I'm against that.

The OP has been advertising for a while and seems a bit more eager elsewhere that cars are not coming up.

My post was not aimed to cause harm, just to why they are not coming up.

It was not insulting or aimed to be.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #20
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
I really don't understand the confusion in what the OP is asking .

He wants an E90 M3 but doesn't really want to pay main-dealer sticker price.

He's aware that if anyone currently owns an E90 M3 and is wanting to sell it, they're more than likely be offered the 'trade' price come trade-in time.

The OP is merely offering, in this set of circumstances, to allow anyone selling an E90 M3 an alternative to getting spanked by a trade-in figure. I guess he's ultimate offer will be somewhere betwen the trade-in figure and predicted sticker price at a main dealer.

There aren't many E90 M3's about so he's posted on a couple of forums.

What's to get confused about .

Thinking about it, I did exactly this with my E46 I sold last year, I was about to be given £5k trade, but knew it would be up for £7k on the forcourt, I flogged it quickly on AutoTrader for £5,500. I gain £500 and the buyer saves £1,500 in this example - yeah it wasn't 50/50 share but beggars can't be choosers - funded 12 months road tax on the Zed.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 07:29 AM   #21
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

I'm with Roger, can't see the OP is too far wrong in his thoughts. If someone is being offered a trade price, has advertised at what they reckon is a private sale price but got no takers then somewhere in between is a very fair position.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #22
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
I really don't understand the confusion in what the OP is asking .

He wants an E90 M3 but doesn't really want to pay main-dealer sticker price.

He's aware that if anyone currently owns an E90 M3 and is wanting to sell it, they're more than likely be offered the 'trade' price come trade-in time.

The OP is merely offering, in this set of circumstances, to allow anyone selling an E90 M3 an alternative to getting spanked by a trade-in figure. I guess he's ultimate offer will be somewhere betwen the trade-in figure and predicted sticker price at a main dealer.

There aren't many E90 M3's about so he's posted on a couple of forums.

What's to get confused about .

Thinking about it, I did exactly this with my E46 I sold last year, I was about to be given £5k trade, but knew it would be up for £7k on the forcourt, I flogged it quickly on AutoTrader for £5,500. I gain £500 and the buyer saves £1,500 in this example - yeah it wasn't 50/50 share but beggars can't be choosers - funded 12 months road tax on the Zed.
I'm not confused what the OP posted.

The original post was that he was wanting to buy a E90 M3 at above trade price but not private sale money let alone dealer money.

I've only seen a few E90 M3s come up for sale privately and they sold fast and priced similar to dealer money. Only 2 private sellers on Autotrader just now, both are white and both in with the dealers price wise.

My point given that he has been asking for a couple of months and bumping and pleading for sellers to come forward, was it would be hopeful to tempt someone to sell their M3 at above trade price since there is none on the market at all.

People seem to be shocked that they can't find cars at some of the figures been thrown around at the moment. Even as trade ins dealers are not offering such poor figures.

My intention was not to offend the guy, just stating it is hopeful to expect it to happen.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread