E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Calling All Local Coders And Indie Shops

12-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

Calling All Local Coders And Indie Shops

I have an e90 LCI 11/08 Build with an FRM 2 and an HID Kit caused my FRM to cut power to my passnger side angel eye harness. There is no power being supplied to the angel eye so there is no signal to the relay to power on my HID harness

Now with that being said...

I need someone to help me to reset the error code "9CBB" (SHORT CIRCUIT FAULT) so that i can regain normal operation of my angel eyes.

Thanks in advance
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep

Oh yeah..
rant\
and it was because of the poor construction of CAMAROSS305 s HID ANGEL EYE KIT

the fuse was four inches from the positive terminal so the heat from the engine melted the fuse and melted the fuse holder which should have come insulated to begin with.

I'm not using this kit anymore
Its not like i can anyway with the error that it caused itself

end rant\
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
monkey_wrench
Caught the Bimmer-Bug
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!qUe View Post
Oh yeah..
rant\
and it was because of the poor construction of CAMAROSS305 s HID ANGEL EYE KIT

the fuse was four inches from the positive terminal so the heat from the engine melted the fuse and melted the fuse holder which should have come insulated to begin with.

I'm not using this kit anymore
Its not like i can anyway with the error that it caused itself

end rant\
Sorry about your luck. Did you route the wires correctly? Seems you we pretty close tot the engine to melt the fuse holder.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Sorry about your luck. Did you route the wires correctly? Seems you we pretty close tot the engine to melt the fuse holder.
i had it close to the windshield washer fluid filler. i routed it behind the filler

it doesnt matter now. It melted and i need to get this error fault fixed
Appreciate 0