E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Help Please!

12-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
ymbF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 zcp ymb

Help Please!

so i have a 2011 335i coupe with jb3 stage 2 and today while i was driving when i shifted from 2nd to 3rd my car kinda jerked and shortly after realized my tune was turned back to stock tuning. i tried putting it into command mode to put it back to map1 but it would recognize it. after i parked and ate lunch my ses light came on as well as an engine light with it half light up inside it. i researched that its a low power light which makes sense because the drive home my car barely got thru first and had to push the gas more when i was driving. im assuming its in limp mode and im gonna remove the tune tonight and let it sit over night then try again in the morning. however anymore feedback from you guys would be awesome because i dont really know what else to do and i dont wanna go to the dealer. thank you so much for your help
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

The JB4 will lock itself to map 0 if the power wire, ground wire, or CAN wires come off. Also if the TMAP sensor plug comes out. Maybe check all those.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
ymbF82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 zcp ymb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
The JB4 will lock itself to map 0 if the power wire, ground wire, or CAN wires come off. Also if the TMAP sensor plug comes out. Maybe check all those.

Mike
ok i will do that... do these symptoms sound like limp mode? ive been reading about hpfp failure and sounds similar but i hope that is not the problem... if it were hpfp failure the tune would still be able to recognize the commands right? i just pray to god its not hpfp failure
Appreciate 0