E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > I-Drive froze on Nav Screen

05-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
tmj69
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
I-Drive froze on Nav Screen

Yesterday I experienced my first glitch with i-drive. I was leaving work last night and my nav screen was stuck on the map. I was unable to move the controller to the left and access any of the icons. I was also unable to move the controller up to get back to the nav options. However, I was able to move the controller to the right and access the split screen. I also could use the info button and get into each menu from the start screen. After the car sat for a few hours I got in and drove home and everything was fine. Today everything seemed fine as well. I searched and didn't see any info on this particular problem. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
      05-24-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
poiney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

I've had a similar problem with Navi freezing sporadically. It typically stayed frozen when I stopped the engine and restarted immediately. But if I let it sit for a few minutes, it seemed to reset. Sounds like your problem.

I had additional issue that my sat radio went dead for minutes at a time, rarely. I had it serviced, they claimed they found a loose wire that might have been culprit but since problem is so rare who knows if it is fixed. Time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

ctrl alt delete = two ejects and power.. that should reset it for you..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
My whole iDrive occasionally fails to boot. I've been taking close notes of when this happens and I thought it happened when it was raining. Then that got shot down when iDrive failed to boot on a sunny day. It now seems to be if I start it up, drive a mile or so, shut the engine off and restart it in between 3 and five minutes. What I do is then turn the engine off and wait twenty. Upon restart, iDrive comes on as normal.

What I see when iDrive hickups is the screen will go a light gray at first for about two seconds and then blank. It will then blink about every half minute and the LED on the SOS button will blink at the same time. I had the entire system replaced because it failed hard but now it's just intermittent and an annoyance.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
tmj69
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the replies and advice. So far (knocking on wood as I type) this has only happened that one time. I will remember the ctl alt del technique for future use. Thanks again.
      05-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmj69 View Post
Thanks for the replies and advice. So far (knocking on wood as I type) this has only happened that one time. I will remember the ctl alt del technique for future use. Thanks again.
I've tried the BMW three-finger salute on several occasions to no avail.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0