E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Detroit International Auto Show-2012

01-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Detroit International Auto Show-2012

Hello friends!
Here are some photos from the Detroit International Auto Show. Unfortunately, I was unable to get my good camera back in time, so I had to resort to the point and shoot so pics are really not the greatest. It was rather difficult as being the 2nd day open to public, it was extremely busy and trying to snap decent photos through all the crowd/chaos only provided a few seconds to try to snap a clear photo.
Here is the link-http://photobucket.com/NAIAS2012

As for the new 3 Series. Well for one, the NAV screen looks to be an after thought and does not flow nearly as well as the E90 did. Also, you can certainly tell the cost cutting took place in some of the interior plastics(much like Mercedes), especially in the center counsel area. It feels/sounds like the plastic used in a Smart car when shutting the center compartment. The audio system has quite a few speakers and looks like it should have decent sound. I also do not like where the hood line is now, nor the overall size. It really could be mistaken for a 5 series if you didn't know better. I know the suspension/performance is really where the upgrades are supposed to be the most relevant, so I will have to leave my overall impression mute until I get a chance to test drive.

For Audi, I thought it was funny they changed the LED's on the Audi S4 and others to the single bulb style used on the ford Taurus etc...due to the mismatching bulbs they were dealing with (had mine replaced twice before finally being a match). Interior is the same though.

The new Subaru looks to be promising, and the NSX was a really nice looking car. I also really liked the new Beetle. It has a masculine look and the performance/styling looks like it has tons of potential, and should appeal to males as well as females.

Overall it was a pretty decent show, much better than the previous 5+ years. Looks like the automotive industry is heading in a positive direction.
Regards,
Chris
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: Z4M

love the new 3 series
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
JDane07
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i (sold), MK7 GTI

Nice pics.
The f30 still needs to grow on me. I know I'm gonna end up loving it though, especially when the modding community starts doing their thing!
Old E90 Thread:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...first+e90+m580
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

new sl
      01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
datbimmerdoe