E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2000 M5

01-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
furry
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

2000 M5

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I know this isn't an E90 but since I've been looking at some E90's I figured to crosspost here:

Sad to see this day come so soon, but my car is up for sale. I will try to be as thorough as possible for the board in my listing, any issues identified were by me/my mechanic.

2000 E39 M5
Avus Blue
Black Heritage Leather interior

60,000 Miles
Clear
Car fax available from April 2011
No lein
Passed NJ inspection

Low miles, excellent running condition! Car has lots of recent maintenance and runs great. Car is my daily driver and was purchased in early 2011 with 47k miles. Car was purchased from a person who worked for a bmw dealership and serviced the car at the dealership and via the technicians. Selling only to change cars as my commute to work is getting longer and I need a more appropriate daily driver. Car has given me no problems and I drive it about 110 miles on certain days with absolute confidence. I had planned to keep this car longer but it pains me to put so many miles on such a legendary car and I hope that someone else might get the chance to truly enjoy it.

It also has certain mods that enhance the power and responsiveness of the engine, make shifting more fun, and improve the handling. It is not a garage queen but is taken care of. I performed all major maintenance on time and took care of it as I planned to keep this for a long time.

Clutch is still stock and had much life in it. Tires are all seasons and have decent tread. When I purchased the car the rear bumper had much chipping paint and I opted to replace it with a brand new oem rear bumper and remove the existing trunk spoiler at a well known bmw shop. As is common to some M model cars it does consume oil; my car consumes about 1 quart of oil per 800-1000 miles of driving. The windows have a light tint, but the tint is fading and I would remove/replace it soon. I would rate the exterior paint a 7/10 in light of some minor chips/scratches from daily driving. Car will be cleaned and given a minor detail prior to sale.

Minor Issues:
Seepage from power steering hose
2 center rear pdc (parking) sensors are malfunctioning - can easily be replaced if desired but not necessary
Gauge cluster pixels are going out (common problem in the E39)
Front and rear cupholders are broken (cheap and easy fix - may fix prior to sale)
Navigation system is not tested - I never bothered to purchase the map cd for the navigation system as these systems are fairly outdated and I utilise my phone. I did test a new navigation system in this car (MK4 model) which worked fine but never tried the CD based MK2 system that is currently installed in the car.
Car is missing the front plastic belly plan - I planned on purchasing this but never got around to it
‘Check coolant level’ message in dash - mechanic inspected cooling system and performed pressure test and found no leaks. Replaced resevoir cap and stated that my level sensor may need replacing. Coolant level is checked weekly and never low.

I would estimate that with careful purchasing the total cost of repairs is approx. $500 if you were to replace some items with your own labor.

Exterior:
Corner of rear bumper has minor scuff
Some rockchips on front end of the car (from normal driving)
Gash on lower side of left front splitter
Two minor ~1.5 inch scratches on driver side front fender from road debris
2 minor chips in windshield - I will have these professionally repaired prior to sale
Minor curbage in two wheels

Has all options available:
Xenon headlights
Power/memory/heated front seats
Alacantara headliner
Power folding sideview mirrors
Power moonroof
Please check vehicle specs for full list of options

Recent maintenance:
Oil changes (every 7.5k miles with Castrol TWS 10w60 oil)
Fuel filter
Air filters
Cabin filters
Rear ball joints
Alignment - performed due to some excess wear on inside of front tires
Spark plugs
Front brake pads and sensors
Replaced some plastic parts on the car

Modifications:
Euro-style headlights
Smoked taillights
Eibach front and rear upgraded sway bars
Powerchip Alpha-N ECU Software tune (adds horsepower and improves the engine over stock)
AC Schnitzer exhaust
AC Schnitzer front splitters
E60 Short Shift Kit with weighted ZHP shift knob
Carbon Fiber wrapped interior trim
Matte black rear diffuser

I am not pressured to sell the car, but wish to sell it soon if possible. The sale price will be set at $19k however I am negotiable. I will take the car for a PPI at the buyers request if they would like to get a mechanics perspective on the car. Test drives for serious buyers only. Clean title is in hand. I am also open to shipping the car or picking up the buyer from the airport if they wish to drive the car home.

Please make sure you are able to obtain financing if interested as loans for older vehicles are not always easy to procure.

Please contact me at furqanaATgmailDOTcom or call 551-333-threeonetwofive for further inquiries

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
furry
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Up top.
Appreciate 0