BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

AW 1M spotting in Atlanta -600 Galleria Parkway parking lot

So, I went to the dentist yesterday and drove around the covered parking lot for about 5 minutes before I found a corner spot for the 1M.

On my way out, I walked into the wrong section and found an AW 1M parked exactly where (I thought) I had parked my BSM! Not only had the car changed color, it had also been turned around and backed into the spot.

Of course I realized that I was in the wrong spot and my car was actually another section down.

Didn't have time to snap a pic but was wondering if the owner is on the forums?

Before you ask, no I did not have any sedatives/happy gas at the dentist and imagine the whole thing.

I think ...
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Too bad my dad's VO wasn't also parked there as well. Would have totally thrown you for a loop if you had gone the wrong way twice! Haha
      01-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
mfinch99
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW

It was probably mine, parked on the ground floor of the parking garage. I was there for training at GK all week. Shame I did not see either of the BSM or VO while i was there since I have never seen another 1M besides my neighbors and mine (both AW).
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
Rep
Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
So, I went to the dentist yesterday and drove around the covered parking lot for about 5 minutes before I found a corner spot for the 1M.

On my way out, I walked into the wrong section and found an AW 1M parked exactly where (I thought) I had parked my BSM! Not only had the car changed color, it had also been turned around and backed into the spot.

Of course I realized that I was in the wrong spot and my car was actually another section down.

Didn't have time to snap a pic but was wondering if the owner is on the forums?

Before you ask, no I did not have any sedatives/happy gas at the dentist and imagine the whole thing.

I think ...
OK, that makes three in ATL. Mine is VO and I work in Sandy Springs, but only drive the car in maybe once each two weeks. 285 will destroy the car!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
quaixe
///M luver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Vert SG/IR

I saw a black one today at my company parking lot up in Alpharetta. To be honest I didn't like it much when I seen its pix, but now have seen it in person, I am sold. Wonder if the owner is in this forum, if he/she is - beautiful beautiful car, a truly sport IMO. I took pix but dun wanna post cuz maybe the owner won't like it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaixe View Post
I saw a black one today at my company parking lot up in Alpharetta. To be honest I didn't like it much when I seen its pix, but now have seen it in person, I am sold. Wonder if the owner is in this forum, if he/she is - beautiful beautiful car, a truly sport IMO. I took pix but dun wanna post cuz maybe the owner won't like it.
That might be tkBr0wn's.

AFIK, there are at least 5 in ATL and a few more in the surrounding area in GA.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaixe View Post
Where do you work, I work in Alpharetta. Had lunch today at QDoba and then stopped by Target on the way back to the office.

And feel free to post the pics if it is mine.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0