BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Still waiting.....

So it's been 6 weeks since I dropped my car in Munich. I have gone through the whole obsession of tracking the car's whereabouts on a daily basis and it's been stuck at port for a week. I pestered my CA daily to find out what was going on ( have read some horror stories in this forum: damage during transport, predelivery parking tickets, etc. so I was getting worried). Finally got an answer today: apparently somebody stole the shift knob from my car (I guess it makes for an interesting souvenir) and my car has been held up at the VPC while they await for a new one to be imported from Germany....
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton91 View Post
So it's been 6 weeks since I dropped my car in Munich. I have gone through the whole obsession of tracking the car's whereabouts on a daily basis and it's been stuck at port for a week. I pestered my CA daily to find out what was going on ( have read some horror stories in this forum: damage during transport, predelivery parking tickets, etc. so I was getting worried). Finally got an answer today: apparently somebody stole the shift knob from my car (I guess it makes for an interesting souvenir) and my car has been held up at the VPC while they await for a new one to be imported from Germany....
Odd that they'd need to get one from Germany. I may be incorrect, but believe it's the exact same knob used on the E46 330CI ZHP.

In any case, hope you get your car soon!

Neil
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton91 View Post
I was in your shoes a couple months ago. Best advice I have is to try and not track it daily as it will only drive you mad. Put it in the back of your mind and it'll come before you know it.
      01-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
bayer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

what an odd thing to happen, first time hearing of that. I thought most BMW shift knobs were the same attachment, i bought the ZHP style for my 3er from an internet dealer. Maybe the 1M is different for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
M_Anthony
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M

Could be worse, my friend...

Someone I know did European Delivery...picked up the car in Munich, drove it around Europe, got on a flight home. Car got destroyed on the auto transport from the dock to the dealership. He never got to take official delivery of it, after driving it on the Ring!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Sorry to hear, Ayrton. I know what it's like, waited for 11 weeks before I saw my car again after dropping her off in Europe (and I could add my own horror story but no point at this stage as it will only get you even more worried). I am sure your car will be fine.

PS: I am local to you, PM me when you get your car and we can meet up. Seen a couple of 1///Ms here (in fact a VO parks in my building), but never had a chance to meet the owners.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Stolen shift knob? People have no shame.

I've tracked my babies as they came across from Europe and it is painful to watch to be honest. I think I'll give it a miss next time
Appreciate 0