BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
Steve Kelly
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116i M

Seat Positions

Hi,

I have a 1 series 3door hatchback and have just had the seat carriers (sorry don't know the technical name) replaced.

I now have a problem that BMW don't want to know about.

My problem is: I set the seat position to my normal driving position and everything is fine. When I go to move the seat forward to let one of the kids in the back (i.e. the lever near the head rest), the seat slides forward as you'd expect and in they jump.

My problem is when I push the seat back instead of remembering the original position, it goes all the way back to its furthest point (my daughter has her legs on seat at this stage) and I have to get in driver’s seat, lift the lever under the front of the seat and move it back into position. Otherwise I can't even touch the pedals!!

Does anyone know how to resolve this or if they have the same problem?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0