E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

05-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
SoCalM311
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E46 M3

First Post, In the Market

One thing I do notice is that some of the purchases from other forums are for cars that are 5 years old, or older with 35k miles or more. Iv always had american cars, my current car an 03 SVT Cobra. I do not see a lot of high mile older purchases of american cars. The question is, is an older higher mile M3 a need not worry purchase? I am in the market because the Cobra is not practical anymore and the gas is about 13 mpg and i am looking to do a little growing up. The Cobra is a head turner and a joy to drive but I really am interested in the Euro market.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
if you are coming from a Cobra, a M3 e46 would be a step down for you in terms of torque. I know of a corvette guy who had a 335i and then went back for he misses what he is used to. I think a M5 will be around your alley, a bit pricey but you have to pay to play as they say.

Last edited by ase2dais; 06-11-2007 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Kafka
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 SMG

Supercharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM311 View Post
One thing I do notice is that some of the purchases from other forums are for cars that are 5 years old, or older with 35k miles or more. Iv always had american cars, my current car an 03 SVT Cobra. I do not see a lot of high mile older purchases of american cars. The question is, is an older higher mile M3 a need not worry purchase? I am in the market because the Cobra is not practical anymore and the gas is about 13 mpg and i am looking to do a little growing up. The Cobra is a head turner and a joy to drive but I really am interested in the Euro market.
If you decide on an M3 check out the superchargers (e.g. VF-Engineering) where you'll have some more power/torque but without the killer running costs.
Good luck.
K.
Appreciate 0