XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

01-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
kryptonitegamer
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6M

X6M Akra Exhaust with catless downpipe

Will the downpipe void the BMW warranty? I thought I seen a post saying they still had their warranty with downpips, is this true?

Kind of debating on dropping the extra 2800 dollars if it is going to void the warranty.

Thanks for any information.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
northern2020
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 M / '01 B5 S4/ 15 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitegamer
Will the downpipe void the BMW warranty? I thought I seen a post saying they still had their warranty with downpips, is this true?

Kind of debating on dropping the extra 2800 dollars if it is going to void the warranty.

Of course it will void the warranty!

But it's worth the dough, with tune + full exhaust.

Just don't launch at every traffic light or you'll blow an axle!
      01-31-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
kryptonitegamer
Registered
Rep

Has anyone started manufacturing axles to handle more power? How do the people with upgraded turbos and such even drive it? If simple performance parts will break the car?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Headgrunt
Rep

The weakest link....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitegamer View Post
Has anyone started manufacturing axles to handle more power? How do the people with upgraded turbos and such even drive it? If simple performance parts will break the car?
I believe that the people that do these upgrades,

1. Have the ability to replace whatever gets torn up.
2. "Most Important". They don't beat on their vehicles, like they just stole it. I may be wrong though.

As far as building a bulletproof axle.

You are just moving the weakest link in the chain to a possibly more expensive part of the drive-train. Since the axle doesn't give, what will ?
Is it your torque vectoring rear-end ?? Or does it take the rear-end and the transmission at the same time ??

Anyone have any tech specs on how much the rear-end and transmission can handle ??
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:

It all depends on your dealer and the relationship you have with them. In theory it will because it throws a big red flag since you are replacing the cat. Luckily most dealer probably will not notice if you change downpipes and keep the stock exhaust because of the location of the downpipes, this is obviously assuming you have a software tune to accommodate this.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
mohammed x5m
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:

i installed downpipe and ecu to my x5m and every time i have to remove it before i take the car to the maintenance then i install them again and it cost too much there is any solution??
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
northern2020
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 M / '01 B5 S4/ 15 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed x5m
Quote:

i installed downpipe and ecu to my x5m and every time i have to remove it before i take the car to the maintenance then i install them again and it cost too much there is any solution??
Stop replacing it and don't abuse the truck ie launch-itis!

If you can afford the truck and mods and if you do fack something up just eat the costs.