Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Forgestar f14 fitment for track and dd

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8

Forgestar f14 fitment for track and dd

so i was thinking about getting 18 inch wheels. i want to be able to take the car to the track but i want to use the same wheels for daily driving.

what width should i go with in the front?
what width for the back?
what offset in the front and the back

also i want hankook RS3. so what size tires would go well with the set up..

i am lowered on coil overs.

i know i cant get a flush look and keep it like that for the track so for daily driving i can throw on spacers.
      02-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Hankook R-S3's run pretty wide so going with a standard 18x8.5,18x9.5 with 235/265 will be a nice setup. If you want to run a 245/275 setup, I would recommend a higher offset rear like in the 40's. With the R-S3's, you won't be need spacers. They're REALLY beefy.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

As you probably already know, Forgestar wheels are custom made to order. The offsets are typically determined by the experts at Forgestar on 99% of the orders and only about 1% of customers specify the offsets that they want. Forgestar will guarantee that your wheels will fit 100% without any issues such as rubbing yet provide you with the most aggressive and flush setup as possible.

The popular setup is the 18x8.5 with a 235/40/18 up front and the 18x10 with a 265/35/18 in the rear. If you're looking to save weight, then going with the 18x9.5 in the back wouldn't be a bad option. You wont need to run spacers with the wheels as they'll be built to spec.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
CRG3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M-Sport

Amans - If I had to do it over again, I would definitely do some research and choose to specify my offset!!! I ordered a set of F14s (18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear) for my 2011 E92. My car is lowered approx 1.25 inches on coilovers.

**********s gave me excellent, quick service and I absolutely love the wheels...super lightweight....however....I am not happy with the offset. Unfortunately, I choose to accept the generic offset the "experts" at Forgestar recommended for fitment (with consideration of the the fact I was going to lower my car.) Further, when I was ordering, they would not tell me what the offset was...it was supposedly confidential information. Later, it turns out I received front +32, rear +38.

Anyway, the wheels certainly do fit with no rubbing...I can't fault them for that. Had I been smarter, I'd have done more research on offsets and paid notice to the huge number of people on this forum wanting spacers on their cars to improve the appearance.

Bottomline - I am not happy with the stance. I could definitely have used a lower offset for a more aggressive stance, especially in the rear. Plus, the inside of my front tire (235/40-18) sits extremely close to my coilovers. Right now, I don't want to mess with adding spacers, finding longer locking lug studs, etc......just wish I'd ordered my wheels with a lower, more aggressive offset in the first place.

From my measurements, I currently think there's enough clearance to run at least 5mm spacers up front and 10mm in the rear with out rubbing. In other words, to do it again, I'd probably order something like +27 for both front and rears. Hope this helps!
      02-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
OP, I see you have a LCI e90, which I have too. These have wider track width in the rear, by 8mm per side, compared to pre-LCI.

I recently chose 18" wheels for street and track.

I chose the Sportline CS.16 wheels from **********s.com, 18x8.5ET35 in front and 18x9.5ET45 in the rear. I had VMR VB3 before with the exact same widths and offsets (in fact, in front the offset was 40 instead of 35), and they looked absolutely great but you see that there could be a lower offset in front which the Sportline provides:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7722990

I chose to replace the VB3 with ligher wheels . I chose 245/40/18 tires in front, and 285/35/18 tires for the rear (drag radials - Nitto 555R).

Unfortunately my wheels and tires have not arrived yet and it's heavy snow here so I don't know when I will be going to fit them.
Appreciate 0