BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
SloPoke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Trucks should require mandatory mudflaps

To make a long story short, I picked up a wonderful small rock chip in my windshield thanks to some Chevy 2500 in front of me on the on ramp. I got the repair done at a local shop and the repair doesn't seem to be all that good. I've never had this done before, but I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to have an air bubble in the repair, nor should I be able to catch it with a fingernail. Let me know if I'm just being too picky or if this is the best I could hope for. The crap part of it is, now that I had the repair done, I can't have it re-repaired. FML.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

I've always considered windshields to be wear items. Especially my BMW windshields, which seem to be soft and get "pockmarked", so I replace them every couple years.

Check your insurance, in many states/policies, glass coverage is no-deductible.

As far as FML, one time I was changing the wiper blade and let go of the wiper arm with no blade on it. Crack. New windshield installed at BMW dealer, they even took care of the insurance paperwork. Didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

Personally, I care more about the chips on the front end/hood.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
135IS
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 LMB 135I / AW 1M

Garage List
2009 135i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I've always considered windshields to be wear items. Especially my BMW windshields, which seem to be soft and get "pockmarked", so I replace them every couple years.

As far as FML, one time I was changing the wiper blade and let go of the wiper arm with no blade on it. Crack. New windshield installed at BMW dealer, they even took care of the insurance paperwork. Didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

i gave up on the chips on my bumper its almost like the paint was meant to peal off. i have some nasty spots on my bumper just from getting a chip then power washing my car and the paint ends up coming off somehow
AW 1M: Current #211 of 220
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post

i gave up on the chips on my bumper its almost like the paint was meant to peal off. i have some nasty spots on my bumper just from getting a chip then power washing my car and the paint ends up coming off somehow
Dang what are you using to wash your car??? One of those 3500psi pressure washers? I've never heard of paint peeling off during a wash on rock chip areas.
Appreciate 0