2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Is anyone Clutch slipping on their 2011 535i

02-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Rbembas_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Is anyone Clutch slipping on their 2011 535i

Long story short just took my 535i in for schedule service and told the dealer that i have noticed when shifting from 1st to 2nd at high rpms and DSC turned off my car doesn't hook up, the rpms will increase but my car doesn't accelerate.
My dealer told me that the computer manages the grip and regulates the power through the DSC system for maximun trraction. Driving with the DSC system off will increase tire wear and will prevent full throttle applications under certain situations.
All i know when i turn DSC off in sport mode and rev up to 6000 rpms in first gear and dump the cluth it hooks up and takes off. Intermittently when shifting to second gear, around 6,000 rpms is when it seems like the clutch is slipping and my car doesn't accelerate like it should be.
Now the loaner car i drove 335i automatic didn't have any problems and doesn't have a DSC button?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
ptyboy25
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550i Before 2010 335i

Clutch slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbembas_M3 View Post
Long story short just took my 535i in for schedule service and told the dealer that i have noticed when shifting from 1st to 2nd at high rpms and DSC turned off my car doesn't hook up, the rpms will increase but my car doesn't accelerate.
My dealer told me that the computer manages the grip and regulates the power through the DSC system for maximun trraction. Driving with the DSC system off will increase tire wear and will prevent full throttle applications under certain situations.
All i know when i turn DSC off in sport mode and rev up to 6000 rpms in first gear and dump the cluth it hooks up and takes off. Intermittently when shifting to second gear, around 6,000 rpms is when it seems like the clutch is slipping and my car doesn't accelerate like it should be.
Now the loaner car i drove 335i automatic didn't have any problems and doesn't have a DSC button?
I have the same issue...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 03:15 AM   #3
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
A couple of things. Our cars are not great for launching try to go easier out of first. DSC off doesn't interfere with WOT, with it on it absolutely interrupts power. Our cars on a manual also come with CDV. Clutch delay valve. Remove it. It purposely slips your clutch and causes faster wear on the DMF and clutch the harder you push it. The CDV is a joke. When you go to replace the clutch get the one for the 550. It can handle 500wtq and then you can launch all you want and bang on it. If you must launch the car look into modified e36 transmission bushing that can be fitted to our cars.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
Johnsaidgo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
A couple of things. Our cars are not great for launching try to go easier out of first. DSC off doesn't interfere with WOT, with it on it absolutely interrupts power. Our cars on a manual also come with CDV. Clutch delay valve. Remove it. It purposely slips your clutch and causes faster wear on the DMF and clutch the harder you push it. The CDV is a joke. When you go to replace the clutch get the one for the 550. It can handle 500wtq and then you can launch all you want and bang on it. If you must launch the car look into modified e36 transmission bushing that can be fitted to our cars.
Can you explain what the clutch delay valve actually does? I notice sometimes my rpm hangs in the middle of changing gears and I end up looking like a Bish when I'm driving. My car will jolt for no reason like I'm not shifting at the right time, but it's just me waiting for my damn rpm to drop.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #5
ey2001
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsaidgo View Post
Can you explain what the clutch delay valve actually does? I notice sometimes my rpm hangs in the middle of changing gears and I end up looking like a Bish when I'm driving. My car will jolt for no reason like I'm not shifting at the right time, but it's just me waiting for my damn rpm to drop.
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6562
Appreciate 0