BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Jaw_F430
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

UK Deposit placed

Well if all goes well I should have my 1M in March. I placed a deposit on Saturday but have not seen the car yet as its in Kent and not had chance to get down there.

As they are all sold in the UK I have got as low mileage (2,500 miles) as I could with the options I wanted.

I'll have to get on some trips throughout the year
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Congrats! Is that from Ashford? I tried to bargain with them a couple of weeks ago but they weren't having any of it - did you manage to get them down? I picked up my car on thursday, haven't had a chance to put up pics etc but will do soon. I absolutely love it!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Congrats to both of you, can't wait to see your cars at the Ace Cafe Meet in June.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
PoshPaws51
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Evening lads,
I am hoping that my AW 1M that I am picking up at the start of March will be the only brand new 1M on a 12 plate. I found the car just over a week ago while looking for a low miles car. I do wonder if I am exceptionally lucky or whether there may be some others tucked away? I wanted hi spec and this beauty has almost everything, reckon I can live without comfort access!
I keep finding myself back on the forum and looking at pics, roll on Sturday week.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Congrats to you all and welcome to 1addicts!

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Jaw_F430
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan9 View Post
Congrats! Is that from Ashford? I tried to bargain with them a couple of weeks ago but they weren't having any of it - did you manage to get them down? I picked up my car on thursday, haven't had a chance to put up pics etc but will do soon. I absolutely love it!!
Yes from Ashford. They said they had lowered it once and I paid £41,995 but couldn't get any more off. Has the service pack and the options I wanted so I'm happy. Just hope its in A1 condition as it should be with 2500 miles on it
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
Jaw_F430
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPaws51 View Post
Evening lads,
I am hoping that my AW 1M that I am picking up at the start of March will be the only brand new 1M on a 12 plate. I found the car just over a week ago while looking for a low miles car. I do wonder if I am exceptionally lucky or whether there may be some others tucked away? I wanted hi spec and this beauty has almost everything, reckon I can live without comfort access!
I keep finding myself back on the forum and looking at pics, roll on Sturday week.
Where did you find that? From Bmw or independant?

I was hoping to find a new VO one to go on a 12 plate but there all registered by the looks of it
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
PoshPaws51
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

AW 1M

I was looking for a low miles 1M and was told by several BMW main dealers that there were no new cars available. One guy in Exeter said that he had no access to a national stock list and my local dealer was not interested in sourcing cars for me. I was chasing low milers via BMW approved and independents when a Franchised BMW Dealer in the midlands said that they had a new car in stock. I went up, drove a 1900 miles BSM car and viewed the new one. I made an offer which they accepted and whacked down a deposit. A customer at the dealership told me that there is a new one in Wolverhampton but I am sorted and chuffed to bits. I really don'y know how many unregistered UK Cars there are left but reckon it can't be many. Looking forward to some summer fun!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Jaw_F430
Private
Rep

Quote:
I was looking for a low miles 1M and was told by several BMW main dealers that there were no new cars available. One guy in Exeter said that he had no access to a national stock list and my local dealer was not interested in sourcing cars for me. I was chasing low milers via BMW approved and independents when a Franchised BMW Dealer in the midlands said that they had a new car in stock. I went up, drove a 1900 miles BSM car and viewed the new one. I made an offer which they accepted and whacked down a deposit. A customer at the dealership told me that there is a new one in Wolverhampton but I am sorted and chuffed to bits. I really don'y know how many unregistered UK Cars there are left but reckon it can't be many. Looking forward to some summer fun!!
Did the guy have any more details on the one in Wolverhampton? I'm hoping that maybe one or two come on Bmw site after 1st March as I can get my deposit back if a brand new one pops up
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
PoshPaws51
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

New 1M?

Only that it was BSM and in Wolverhamton BMW. This was a week ago last Sunday but worth an enquiry if you want new. The guy in Exeter was very helpful to me but he said that BMW had instructed all dealers to register any cars that they had via an email in December2011.
Maybe I just got really lucky but I reckon you could do worse than put some feelers out. I also located a VO car with 250 miles at an independent in rutland Leicestershire, google Top 555 Cars, it's advertised at the same price you paid but I don't know your spec.
Good luck with whatever you get
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
Jaw_F430
Private
Rep

Quote:
Only that it was BSM and in Wolverhamton BMW. This was a week ago last Sunday but worth an enquiry if you want new. The guy in Exeter was very helpful to me but he said that BMW had instructed all dealers to register any cars that they had via an email in December2011.
Maybe I just got really lucky but I reckon you could do worse than put some feelers out. I also located a VO car with 250 miles at an independent in rutland Leicestershire, google Top 555 Cars, it's advertised at the same price you paid but I don't know your spec.
Good luck with whatever you get
Cheers, thanks for the info. I want a VO one. Seen the one at Top 555 cars but does not have the same spec as the one I have put a deposit on
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Christo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30d M sport

Garage List
Congrats! Look forward to seeing some pics
Appreciate 0